Door/wing issue

fossie

Reaction score
I have noticed that the drivers catches the wing at the bottom and that the shut line isnt straight - or doesnt seem to be all the way down. The wing seems to line up with all the lines on the bonnet etc.

The question is is there any way to adjust the door - i need to pull the door back a couple of mm so when i open it it clears the wing...

Thanks in advance
Lee

I have noticed that the drivers catches the wing at the bottom and that the shut line isnt straight - or doesnt seem to be all the way down. The wing seems to line up with all the lines on the bonnet etc.

The question is is there any way to adjust the door - i need to pull the door back a couple of mm so when i open it it clears the wing...

Thanks in advance
Lee

Sounds like your car has had a bump and a bad repair ?

Yeah more than likely Paul but it was bought hpi clear and only noticed this now

Yeah more than likely Paul but it was bought hpi clear and only noticed this now

Our daughter had a similar issue on a Cat D Focus which was a result of the door pillar being bent.
i could never really sort the issue. She ran that car for four years with NO issues and even sold the car for a little more than she paid.
Good old e-bay !
Good luck with your car.

Paul B7

Ive looked at the door Paul and work out that if i used some 2mm washers i could space the bracket out on the door just enough

You need to be careful of the alignment with the door catch. Pushing the bottom of the door aft will rise the rear relative to the catch.

You need to be careful of the alignment with the door catch. Pushing the bottom of the door aft will rise the rear relative to the catch.

thanks. If needs ill be adjust the door catch as well. I'm sure they can be adjusted