Doors

PigPen

Reaction score
Can I ask if anyone knows for sure if the strip along the bottom of the doors is plastic?

There's a plastic moulding across the doors halfway down, but right at the bottom of the door there appears to be another strip which doesn't appear to be part of the door. Just wanted to know if this was plastic or metal.

Piggy.stop looking and start driving.

If it moves you've got nothing to worry about.

There's a chip in mine and if it is plastic and won't rust no worries but if it is metal then I was going to get some paint. It is a very light grey so is either plastic or bare metal just wondered if anyone knew that was all. I found it yesterday after cleaning the cr*p off.

Take a picture and then we'll know what you are talking about?

Reactions: robbiemac
DoorBottom.png

It's the strip that runs along the bottom of the door above the cill. It looks like a stuck on piece of plastic a bit like the strip half way up the door. Sorry forgot to rotate the photo.

BTW that looks like it has been chipped and then painted / touched up already as the colour looks the same but that may be the picture resolution

BTW that looks like it has been chipped and then painted / touched up already as the colour looks the same but that may be the picture resolution

I'm confused are you saying it doesn't look the same colour?

The colour looks the same hence it looks like it has been chipped and then painted / touched up from the picture you have shown

No sorry this doesn't show the chip I'll try and get a picture when the snow has stopped!

I believe I can see a touched up chip in the picture you have posted.

Just realised that the indent that looks like a chip in the picture is part of the mould as this is from the nearside (passenger) door skirt? That's what I was referring to when I said it looked like a chip that had been painted.

DoorDamage.png

No it's tiny just annoying and stands out a bit on the colour. I was more worried if it was bare metal perhaps I just need to get a touch-up stick. As for the doll fetish being barred may be the least of your worries..........

Just get a lacquer pen and touch it, not sure it'll need paint and lacquer and IIRC Suzuka isn't available in touch up pen.

A lacquer pen won't leave it grey though will it? Audi do a two pack for SG, paint and lacquer.

Last edited:
The colour looks the same hence it looks like it has been chipped and then painted / touched up from the picture you have shown

You're looking at the jacking point arrow indented into the skirt, not a chip, perfectly normal.

Apparently they don't have any in stock in the UK and is on back order from Germany at least 5-7 working days! Hopefully comes in time for my paint correction work as my chap says he will put it on as part of the works!

He can fix that for you, its not exactly a dent fella, no need for a new blade.

Yeah I am just glad he is doing it rather than my wobbly hands................I have tried to do chips in the past and always struggle to get the surfaces level this should be easier being on the edge but still prefer someone skilled with their hands doing it jsut hope it comes in time.