Downpipe fitting.

D.rc

Reaction score
I have just ordered a catless downpipe 3' for my 2.0TFSI FWD A3 and was wondering if I should try tackle installing it myself or have a garage do it. I understand it can be quite fiddly but I was just quoted £250 to fit the downpipe has anyone got and experience/ what they were quoted for the same work? for £250 Im looking into just trying to do it myself at that rate. Any help is appreciated

I think £250 is a bit steep for this job. I fitted a trackslag downpipe to a FWD TT in the drive last year. The front end was jacked up on axle stands. In this case it fitted onto a preinstalled Scorpion cat back but you should be OK with a tried and tested make. Not the most comfortable job but no problems since. The 4WD cars are harder as you have to unbolt the prop shaft to gain full access.

I think £250 is a bit steep for this job. I fitted a trackslag downpipe to a FWD TT in the drive last year. The front end was jacked up on axle stands. In this case it fitted onto a preinstalled Scorpion cat back but you should be OK with a tried and tested make. Not the most comfortable job but no problems since. The 4WD cars are harder as you have to unbolt the prop shaft to gain full access.

The downpipe i got is probably a ebay special to be fair , its not really branded :whistle2: i have had a look at some mk6 gti tutorials as i believe its exactly the same as my a3. basic tools and jacks i could get it done myself you think?
https://ultimatebhp.co.uk/collectio...-a3-s3-2-0-tfsi-t304-decat-downpipe-exhaust-3

It depends on your skill level and how comprehensive your tools are. If in doubt get an alternative quote from a trusted garage. You don’t want to be faced with a snapped turbo stud.