Downpipe & Sports Cat to Milltek cat back system

Yes mate I had to move mine away. What I did was get a mate to push the whole exhaust towards the passenger side of the car. Try to get 1-2cm of the DP hanger pushed outside the rubber on the mount then bang a small jubille clip on the end to stop it moving back over to the right. You'll only need a few mm to clear the tunnel.

I'll try and get a pic if this makes no sense.
It makes sense, but i didnt fit it so only can see how to do it in my head lol. If you could get a pic id be greatful :)

Yes mate I had to move mine away. What I did was get a mate to push the whole exhaust towards the passenger side of the car. Try to get 1-2cm of the DP hanger pushed outside the rubber on the mount then bang a small jubille clip on the end to stop it moving back over to the right. You'll only need a few mm to clear the tunnel.

I'll try and get a pic if this makes no sense.
gapp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Not much space here

Also i had to get my decat sleeve(bit that goes in the exhaust) enlarged by like 2-3mm in think. Reason been the 65mm oem clamp was a bit to big i thinkclamp that and the blueflame to each other.

Is this on an S3? Mine looks different to that! The flexi bit is further round I'm sure. I'll get pics but wont be getting under my car for a week on Monday.

Yeah on a S3 (2001 AMK)

Was a bit of a mare to get the old downpipe and cat off as they would not split, so we used swear words and the need to prove a point

I had the Relentless downpipe and decat pipe fitted at the weekend, it was hard work getting the downpipe on due to the space available, but does go on, thou the decat pipe angle was way off when it was lined up, it was aiming over towards the passenger seat and not along the exhaust tunnel. Sadly it had to be grinded off and rewelded by my mechanic. (Sadly they did not take any pictures of this issue), but you can tell it was done by the quality of my mechanics welding over the good welding it came with(Will need to chase this up with Sam).
decatreweld.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have the Milltek non resonated cat back on mine and I have to say that the downpipe and decat does make it sound a bit tinny from inside the car, but nice from the back of the car on idle.

You do get a more sporty sound from around 3500k onwards, and yet it is pretty good on the motorway at a steady speed when the sound is noticable, but not annoying. Give it some throttle and it has a nice meaty sound.

Hoping the tinniness will die down a bit when I have put some miles on it.

noop mate tinni ness wont go iv have mine 8 month and it still does it pal shi.... really as i dont like the sound ha thats why i thought of getting the pipewerz downpipe better material used and it dont rub or tuch owt coursing vibrations like the xs

[QUOTE
hi did you sort out the vibration problem as I fitted mine today and mines vibrating where it looks like yours is
let me know if you sorted it mate as mines doing my head in!
.....=Wingnut Express;1594576]
gapp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Not much space here[/QUOTE].. Z

Tryed that mate but the shield pretty much sits flush with the bulkhead
it was on axle stands though so I couldn't really get a swing on it
will try tomorrow on a ramp at work and let you know
cheers

Talking of XS Downpipes and sports cats....
Anybody want to buy one....lol
Shameless plug I know but I need tyres for my new BBS RS Split rims on my Boxster.....lol
I'm waiting Karl...... Look forward to hearing from you very shortly.....

I've put a red roof on it as well.... It's oozing Gayness from every orifice now mate...

I won 1100 quid on the horses last week so I thought f@@k it easy come easy go plus the plastic window was goosed in the soft top so I've changed it for the glass one in red.....
Oooo Sir Do you like it Sir... Are you sure sir... Suits you Sir....

All jokes aside it does look well... I'll stick a few pics on when I have it all done.. I've got a stainless exhaust for it as well... £200 Gonna get it remapped as well... Hasn't got the low end grunt what the S3 has delivers it a lot higher in the rev range.... Think I'm going to SORN the S3 and get all the work I need done on it so I can rekindle the love affair.... I've done 46000 miles in her in just over 2 years and loved every minute of it.... With me working offshore when I get home I can't be without my car so I've had lots of niggling issues rearing there ugly f@@kin heads and not had chance to sort them... Need new clutch... Need to get rid of my coilovers....( should have followed my instinct in the beginning and put B8,s on in the first place ).... Coilovers were a real bargain.... Haldex issues... Even thought it works perfectly.... Both windows don't work properly.... Go down but won't come back up... Plus the drivers door won't open from the inside so I have to open window then lean out to open door then get out and pull the window up from outside while operating switch... Plus a few other little things..... Sorry guys for hijacking thread it's not intentional....

well when you get some time get a little thread up then.
genuinely would like to see it, and hear it with the exhaust.
always good to compare the s3 to other cars from people with experience

You know I will be doing that anyway..... Just for the reaction I get off you....
All taken in the jest I know it's intended I might add....