Downpipe Upgrade

Adem Ozkaya

OzzyS1
Reaction score
So Ive just had my cat-back done and it sounds mint but wanting that pops and bangs when i change gear. Will a custom downpipe do that or will the map?

LOL - yeah I don't think the British motor Corporation do anything for the S1

Reactions: ChrisG.
Hi there
thanks for the pm - I'm in the process of adding the parts to the S1 section...
Please call me on 01744 610244 and I can get everything organised for you along with your member discount.
Cheers
Nige

Hi there
thanks for the pm - I'm in the process of adding the parts to the S1 section...
Please call me on 01744 610244 and I can get everything organised for you along with your member discount.
Cheers
Nige

How much can you do the sport cat version and decatted version fitted please?

Im up for buying one.
Anyone else?
Group buy?

Id be interested in a downpipe and a decat - as long as its a reasonable price.

Happy to do a GB on the pipe.
Discount to forum members is 10% (which is equal to our current Spring sale - so no gain over open price currently - ends 1st May)
Can do the DP with 200 cell cat with titanium thermal wrap and the secondary 200 cell Mini cat (CEL defeat) at £750.00 inc VAT
the cat delete version would be £560.00 inc VAT
this takes the discount to 17.5%
We would need a minimum of 5 orders to hit this price...
The Audi-sport discount has the pipe currently at £771.75 and £573.75

Fitting is £95.00 (3 hours) shipping is £15.00
So if anyone wants to take this info to the moderators and run with it and start the GB then we can give it two weeks to find out if there is any interest.
Cheers
Nige

Hey @BCS Nige. Thanks for the kind offer of a group buy :)

Does the downpipe increase torque, and will it work seamlessly with an MTM M-Cantronic? The thing I like about the M-Cantronic is that it keeps the torque to a reasonable level, and is more conservative than the maps from Revo and APR.

Reactions: BCS Nige
I would rather go custom tbh ... probably get it for slighter cheaper and especially if you DECAT will be a hell of a lot cheaper! i got my cat back custom made (Mandrel bent and TIG welded) for 1/2 the price of a miltek or remus and it sounds better

Reactions: PastS1Owner
Hey @BCS Nige. Thanks for the kind offer of a group buy :)

Does the downpipe increase torque, and will it work seamlessly with an MTM M-Cantronic? The thing I like about the M-Cantronic is that it keeps the torque to a reasonable level, and is more conservative than the maps from Revo and APR.

Torque is greatly improved along with bhp (+22) and will work seamlessly with the MTM The box dealing with the fuelling and over boosting issue that the IHI is prone to when a high flow dp and cat is installed

Reactions: thewanted
Torque is greatly improved along with bhp (+22) and will work seamlessly with the MTM The box dealing with the fuelling and over boosting issue that the IHI is prone to when a high flow dp and cat is installed

Thanks for the quick reply, and on a Sunday no less!

More torque means that I'd have to budget for a clutch too which obviously makes the ~£900 downpipe cost about ~£1900. I'll have to give it some more consideration.

Obviously depends on the mileage and the condition that the clutch is currently in
Couple that to your driving style and you can work out your strategy
Given the fact that for the most part we're driving well inside the potential torque envelope of the engine, the sound and increased turbo efficiency and pure fun factor it's hard to resist
Am running the Racechip currently which dynoed at 500nm and feels like it would pull your face off - but obviously traffic light GP's are not on my agenda
Cheers
Nige

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gingers3 and thewanted