DPF Forced Regen Safety - High particle filter load

rafspeik

Reaction score
Hello all,

Somewhat of a newcomer to audi-sport but definitely not to VAG and the various forums.

I recently purchased an A4 Avant PD170.

There's a noticeable stutter upon hard acceleration, which I highly suspected was a clogged up DPF.
Within a few days of purchase, I saw a DPF warning light on the dash (though nothing in VCDS), all but confirming my suspicions.

Now... I've been reading this: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Diesel_Particle_Filter_Emergency_Regeneration

I noticed this bit in particular:
  • If the Particle Filter Load is above Specification the Particle Filter needs to be replaced since the car may burn down when regenerating.
I went out to the car and grabbed some info:
18:23:21
2.42 Particle Filter Carbon Mass
-0.5 % Carbon Mass Learned Value
00000000 Status 4 Regeneration
0.0 s Regeneration Time (Total)
0.0 Failed Regenerations
0.0 Successful Regenerations
169.0∞C Temperature bef. Turbo Charger
134.9∞C Temperature bef. Particle Filter
253.0 % Particle Filter Load Coefficient
117.3∞C Temperature after Particle Filter

Now, to my main point: I'm quite worried about that 253% DPF load. That seems pretty ****** high.

However, I cannot seem to find anything stating what the actual min/max values are for regeneration. This is my issue. I'd love to get it sorted but I don't want to burn to the ground :suspicion:

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Raf.

Bump... Really hoping to get this sorted this weekend, I'd really appreciate any info anyone can provide.

What was your outcome bud?

I've heard of tales of regen's not being allowed due to excessively high load.

One work around appeared to be running 'Adaptation' before hand, making the car think another DPF has been fitted which then allows a re-gen to be enabled.

Hope you got sorted