DPF Regen Problem

eddiie_1

Reaction score
Hi

I am having problem with my A6 2.0 Ultra S line , the car has done nearly 42k miles . It seems the car is not doing active regeneration as it should when driving around city. The light is coming on after every 300 miles or so and I have to take it to motorway every single time for the regen to happen . I do medium to long journeys so the journey durations are okay . Even after i have done long motorway journey the light will come up when it hit 300 miles interval .

I have obd scanner and there seems to be no fault codes . Also the reading for soot is always around 20's when checked on vag dpf app . Do I have to take to Audi for diagnostics so they can find any issues ?

Has anyone other experienced similar problem as its annoying . My other friends have diesel BMW and Mercedes and they doesn't seem to have any problems ?

Thanks

You might need to get a forced regen done onit to tell the car it has a new dpf to really burn off the suit. Or a dpf doctor to remove and chemically wash it and reinstall it.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

As said, do some forced regens, see if it helps, could be a sensor fault reading badly, so it may ready low soot but possibly its wrong, hypothetical of course.