Help Please DPF Removal/Gutting

AudiTan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to see what prices and how long a DPF Gutting or Removal would cost on a B8 2.0 TDi (143BHP) if anyone has had it done, and if so, would you recommend? Also if you’re from around Manchester could you mention any garages willing to take up the job?

Kind regards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Just wanted to see what prices and how long a DPF Gutting or Removal would cost on a B8 2.0 TDi (143BHP) if anyone has had it done, and if so, would you recommend? Also if you’re from around Manchester could you mention any garages willing to take up the job?

Kind regards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not usually one for delving into the morals of car related stuff and I'm all up for modifications etc, but when walking my children to school and a 2009+ car goes past stinking like a Euro 4 diesel and pouring those fumes straight into their little lungs, I suspect that it's had the DPF removed and it's not very nice. Also when behind a car at the lights and it pulls away with black smoke pouring out the back! lol

If it helps, my previous car was a Euro 5 and I did a lot of short runs, but I managed to keep the DPF in good order by changing the oil every 6 months with good quality C1, I only used super diesel and I also popped a bottle of Archoil AR6400-D Max in every 3-6 months which helped burn the soot off at lower temperatures and reduced regen frequency (I monitored it all with my icarsoft device). The icarsoft also allowed me to initiate my own DPF regen which was handy, although I prefer my Autel dongle.

There was a very small performance improvement immediately after doing a DPF regen (on the motorway), although I'm not sure it was enough to make removing the DPF worthwhile. This was a 3.0d V6 with twin turbos, so I'm not sure how noticeable it would be with a 2.0d. Could be worth getting one of these devices first, let your DPF fill up a bit then get out on the motorway and do a regen and then see how the car feels immediately afterwards.

Also, I'm sure I read that they are looking at changing MOT's to make the check for a DPF more thorough or something along those lines - maybe worth taking into account.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Hi its illegal to do so.... But
Check out Darkside development web for an ideas on straight pipes replacement, need email them for quote on labour....

I believe any mechanic should be capable to remove it, cut in half, gut it, weld it together and put back...
And you need to tackle error code for dpf missing....
I believe will be at least 2 days if all go well...

I changed my mind on dpf delete and keeping it on as my MOT (fail on mot) and so insurance will be legit....
My mechanic convinced me and im booked for turbo upgrade and ecu&tcu remap to be over 360bhp on 3.0 tdi with dpf on.

But still hate that thing, wish could get it out legally....

Hope i answer your question

Last edited:
Hi its illegal to do so.... But
Check out Darkside development web for an ideas on straight pipes replacement, need email them for quote on labour....

I believe any mechanic should be capable to remove it, cut in half, gut it, weld it together and put back...
And you need to tackle error code for dpf missing....
I believe will be at least 2 days if all go well...

I changed my mind on dpf delete and keeping it on as my MOT (fail on mot) and so insurance will be legit....
My mechanic convinced me and im booked for turbo upgrade and ecu&tcu remap to be over 360bhp on 3.0 tdi with dpf on.

But still hate that thing, wish could get it out legally....

Hope i answer your question
What turbo are you having fitted and who's doing the mapping? 360bhp with the dpf fitted might be a stretch.

I'm not a big fan of the oil burner variety but as per above, I like power and I like performance mod's but I'm getting (literally) sick to death of coming up behind cars that have obviously had a DPF gutting and an EGR delete only to find that whenever they start to clog it (usually to prove something) that I can't see bu55er all because of the plumes of thick black smoke. Only my OP of course but I'd say if you want performance and extra power then buy a petrol car, even better get an RS something or other and get what it says on the tin.

Reactions: abmat
I'm not a big fan of the oil burner variety but as per above, I like power and I like performance mod's but I'm getting (literally) sick to death of coming up behind cars that have obviously had a DPF gutting and an EGR delete only to find that whenever they start to clog it (usually to prove something) that I can't see bu55er all because of the plumes of thick black smoke. Only my OP of course but I'd say if you want performance and extra power then buy a petrol car, even better get an RS something or other and get what it says on the tin.
Not everyone can afford to run a powerful petrol and with fuel costs the way they are now its even harder to justify. With the diesel you can at least get decent fuel economy when you are driving sensibly.

What turbo are you having fitted and who's doing the mapping? 360bhp with the dpf fitted might be a stretch.
Hi
Im getting fitted Darkside GTD2872VRZK Billet Ball Bearing Hybrid with Electronic Actuator (VZK Housing)
By darkside and they do maping as well
Hope it wont be a stretch
Regards

With a DPF fitted, the quoted max by a tuner on the forums here who has his own 3.0TDI at over 600HP, 310 - 320 is the limit. Without a DPF, back pressure is reduced considerably and the power can continue to increase again. However, going from 240 to slightly north of 300 isn't going to be slow, and I bet you'll love it irregardless of the number.