DPF

ghouseman

Gazza
Reaction score
Hello people, seen a fare bit of DPF writen in peoples comments. Could someone tell me what these problems are with DPF, cheers.

Think there talking about diesel paticulate filters,getting clogged up

Haven't read of any problems as such, apart from if you have a 170 and you get it mapped to over 200bhp without removing the DPF

Otherwise the exhaust gasses get over 1000degrees and basically melts the sensor (so i've been told)

So to map a 170 over 200bhp to about 225ish you need to remove the DPF

Haven't read of any problems as such, apart from if you have a 170 and you get it mapped to over 200bhp without removing the DPF

Otherwise the exhaust gasses get over 1000degrees and basically melts the sensor (so i've been told)

So to map a 170 over 200bhp to about 225ish you need to remove the DPF

1000degrees! that will melt the entire engine and probably the car! once mapped a diesel car usually produces more smoke (depending on the map ofcourse). The role of the DPF is to clean the smoke and it has more smoke to clean, hence get blocked more easily, but you can usually regenerate it by driving at 3000prm in 3rd gear for a few mins.

see link for more info.
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuels-and-environment/diesel-particulate-filters.html

Last edited:
1000degrees! that will melt the entire engine and probably the car! once mapped a diesel car usually produces more smoke (depending on the map ofcourse). The role of the DPF is to clean the smoke and it has more smoke to clean, hence get blocked more easily, but you can usually regenerate it by driving at 3000prm in 3rd gear for a few mins.

see link for more info.
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuels-and-environment/diesel-particulate-filters.html

Just going by what i was told

my mates 2.0 tdi 140 is standard and done 106k full audi history and is 90% blocked and has to be renewed