DQ250 6 speed gearbox - vibration when selecting drive?

Gommble

Reaction score
I have an Audi TT 2.0 TFSI Auto 2009. The gearbox is very smooth in general, however when you select drive it seems to shudder slightly before engaging, same when selecting reverse. All other gearbox functionality seems lovely and smooth. I have only had the car about 6 weeks, did not notice it at first, so i'm not sure if it is a problem or the characteristics of the car, but it doesn't seem right.

Someone has recommended to me a gearbox oil change and adaption process. I would appreciate any comments or advice regarding this please?

A gearbox oil and filter change would certainly be worth doing especially if you don't have a full service history. Finding somebody with VCDS to run the adaption can also sometimes resolve issues.

Reactions: Gommble
A gearbox oil and filter change would certainly be worth doing especially if you don't have a full service history. Finding somebody with VCDS to run the adaption can also sometimes resolve issues.
Thank you, i'm taking it up to northeastautotech.com, about £165 to do oil change and adaption. It has just done 44,000 miles so I'm thinking the gearbox may never have been serviced, as it drives lovely in all the other gears etc, i'll let you know it it cures it!

Reactions: desertstorm