Driver door wiring loom difference

Remie

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New member here from Norway, so thank you all for having me :)
I think i have to replace my wiring loom driverside front (left) As i have a airbag sensor short, mirror not working, and blinker not working, and speaker not working on that door. I decided to just swap the loom, as i came across a friend of a friend that was selling a door (RS3) so i just bought that as the loom looked like new. It say 49M on that, but the thing is that i found out today after i took off the door cover, it say 49K on the loom in the door. Dose that mean i can't use the loom i bought that say 49M on it? or is that okai?

Forgot to check if the wires are actually broke tho, but alot of people i talked with say it have to be the problem, so just have not checked, hehe.

Hope someone here can have some answers for me :)

It depends on the year of looms, so check the year sticker & of course of the lo.has all the same connections as maybe 1 has no lights & other does, it varies.

Year differences can stop the whole door from working.

Clearly yours is 08 onwards as yours has mirror indicator, should work but of course you've not tested it yet or shown us differences.

Reactions: Remie
It depends on the year of looms, so check the year sticker & of course of the lo.has all the same connections as maybe 1 has no lights & other does, it varies.

Year differences can stop the whole door from working.

Clearly yours is 08 onwards as yours has mirror indicator, should work but of course you've not tested it yet or shown us differences.
Aha, the RS3 was a 2012 i think and mine is a late 2009. The doors look idential, only differnece i can see it that the door from the RS3 has a button on the end that mine do now have. Do you think it can sort out anything or something if i try to plug in the 49M loom on my car? sorry for so stupid questions, i just don't wanna mess anything up, and its 10 years since my last car i had, as i lived in a city and never had a use for one, hehe ;) so only worked on cars older that 2000's hehe ;)

09 & 12 should share same loom setup, of course you're in Norway so can't say 100% it's the same as EU, but I believe it is.

Should be fine to plug in.

Reactions: Remie
09 & 12 should share same loom setup, of course you're in Norway so can't say 100% it's the same as EU, but I believe it is.

Should be fine to plug in.
Okai:) Thats good news, thank you so much for your answers, and knowledge :) Then i think i will atleast try to test the loom in the car before i take the other one out of the door, to see if everything works and stuff :)