Driver heated seat not working

Was it a genuine Vcd's cable used too get tge fault code you have showning

Hey Ch1. It was not genuine. I did however plug my carista app in this morning and i got the same code. The passenger side works, so that discounts fuses, i believe they run off the same fuse. Ive also check connections in the floor by the driver seat, unplugging and plugging them back in. Also, as far possible

Its your code is not on the Ross-tech site, now might be worth getting it checked by a gen cable as it might throw up a fault code that you could check on rosstech given you a better idea what is might be ,
Check the Vcd's map and see if anyone close by could do a scan for you

Had it scanned with genuine vcds, and the same code came up, 01854. Tried Ross tech wiki, seems like no one has had this code before.

Thanks, will have good read. Found a Dutch VAG site. The translation pointed towards heating element, the seat temp control dial, or the seat element. May have to get some electrical readings on those points. Or get a hot water bottle.

The just off the Road tech one I think is element in the seat

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood
Yes confirmed Element has gone. Need to find a replacement seat, costly replacing the element. However may have to buy a pair, because no one seems to sell a single

I have the same error although the issue might be elsewhere, see here.
Z45 and Z46 popped both up while I've only used the driver side heated seats extensively.
I tried disconnecting the driver seat and see if the passenger seat would work but unfortunately it didn't (same the other way around). This makes me believe that the climatronic is faulty, yet I can't figure out if it's really the case (I don't have another one here to test with and the PCB itself from the unit seems to be clean and no components are physically broken).