Driver side window squeals when opening in wet weather

Leebroath

Reaction score
Guys,

Went to McDonalds yesterday and it was pouring down with rain, went through the drivethru and as I got to the speaking bit I pressed th button to wind my window down. My god! What a squeal noise it gave and even the McDonalds guy laughed when I went to pay and then put the window back up as it was still raining

Has anyone had the same experience? I have read it could be a regulator what on earth is that and would that really make a squealing noise as the window goes up or down in the rain?

Is it not the glass rubbing against the rubber? Mine does this and im assuming the windows and rubbers need a proper scrub

Going to give it a right good clean and see if it changes anything

I don’t have the noise issue, but I hate winding the window down if it’s been raining, and having a ton of water dropped onto my lap and over the inside door handle/window switches.

Unfortunately it’s the price you pay for frameless doors :racer:

Yeh I’m not a fan of the either haha

Water spills in everywhere

Polar opposite for me, wet wonderful silence.. Hot days like last few weeks have been squeals you can hear from miles away.. Quite embarrassing }:-8(

Car is booked in for Tuesday for this to be looked at

Looking at plenty of forums it sounds like the noise could be emitting due to a faulty Regulator

Whether or not the window is being pushed up quickly or slowly enough I don't know

Seems like its a very common fault on Audi cars :(

Ours is really loud which is embarrassing when you roll down your window to speak to someone in the street

That doesn’t sound like rubber squeaking to me , so good call on having the dealer look under warranty.:racer:

Thanks RAF,

I will reply back once we find out what is happening on Tuesday

I have told my lass to state we want the Regulators checked, which after reading a few threads, seems to be a common issue with failed parts.

Just cant get other the previous was putting up with all this, the squeal from the windows and the knock which ended up being a faulty Diff

Maybe he was deaf....

I would have expected them to be picked up as part of the Approved Used inspection....:blink:

You would think so mate

But apparently that point check is only a tick box if the car is young

They just rattle through the ticks and not even check the car