Driver's Licence question.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Can someone in the know tell me if it's ok to drive straght away from coming off a driving ban? Like if you was banned for 6 months on 1st Jan, I take it the ban ends on 1st July, so is it ok to drive straight away, or does one have to re-apply for your drivers licence and make it valid before being used?

Like mitch says, usually extended test or at least have to apply for licence as it will show expired if stopped by police.

Really?, think my mate has just been pulled over for driving right after ban, but not aplied for licence yet, guess he might be in trouble again then! :(

jojo said:
Really?, think my mate has just been pulled over for driving right after ban, but not aplied for licence yet, guess he might be in trouble again then! :(
Holy ****,hope it all works out for him.

If its not applied for he will get done for driving otherwise in accordance with a licence, sometimes people are disqualified until rest past therefore even more trouble if he is one of those!

i always thought that an extended test was used as "additional training" for those who had a particularly attrocious driving history. surely they should have informed your friend at the time of his disqualification if an extended test was a condition of the sentance.

My 'mate' isn't doing himself any favours, he was originally banned for 6 months for driving with no insurance, but he did buy insurance, it was fake(he didn't know), and they still did him, because he's in the motor trade! I can tell you he was rather ****** off with the outcome, but he didn't drive for a good 3 months, then he 'needed' to make this one trip to bring a car back from an auction place, as it didn't sell..... yup, get got pulled over for driving whilst disqualified... so ban extended for another 6 months. So for most of the last 12 months, I was his personal chauffer to keep him out of trouble, but when his ban ended, he just had to go for a ****** drive against my advice.... pulled over again - ****!