DRIVERS SEAT BASE

Adrian888

Reaction score
The rearmost part of the seat base on my new to me A6 is lumpy/uncomfortable in a way my similar mileage A2 isn't. The discomfort Suggests the previous owner was perhaps on the heavy side (always assuming I am allowed to call someone heavy in these politically correct days). Can the foam base insert be replaced or is it easier to look for a replacement seat on fleabay? Either way how easy is it to swap a seat given the airbag wiring and is it easy to wire in a supply for an electric seat? (Mine are cloth non-electric SE seats in blue)

Easy swap, the seat is held in with 4 bolts and there is a connector going into the floor for the airbag plug. Electric seats will require new seat harness to be installed, not a straight forward job. You can buy new foam base but unless you have ever stripped a seat down and refitted it's a proper **** of a job and I would find a re-trimmer.

Thanks, seems similar to most audi seats, I was just hoping the electrics were pre-wired! Will vagcom be required to reset anything to do with airbag sensors after swapping? After being used to lumber adjustment on the A2 i miss it on the A6!

I always disconnect the battery before removing any airbag device, and you won't get any airbag errors.