Drivers seat clunking

Langsam

Reaction score
Hi I've tried searching but nothing is coming up with the issues the car is having. So here it goes, whilst driving my S3 2002 the drivers seat clunk's. The seat isn't moving on the rails, but it is more noticeable at slow speeds. Ie traffic etc, this fault sending me doolally! The issue has been there for months now.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Well today I thought I would investigate further with the fault, when removing the seat it feels like the back roller wheels aren't aligned with the front bracket.

How much side movement should the rollers have?

I am also having a slght clunk/knock from the drivers seat in my s3. almost like it can be rocked back and forth. going to investigate it during the weekend as its been getting progressively worse over the last few weeks. Did you manage to sort your issue?

No I haven't unfortunately at the moment, I'm just having to live with it it seems to worse when in slow traffic. When setting off etc.

No I haven't unfortunately at the moment, I'm just having to live with it it seems to worse when in slow traffic. When setting off etc.
yeah i think youre probably having the same issue as me. Setting off and in slow traffic will shift your weight causing it to rock back and forth. if i find anything ill drop it here

Yeah that's the one. I dunno whether it's the hinge mechanism or what, it can't be the base of the seat as mine has pretty much locked into place and is a nightmare to move back and forward so dunno. It's just annoying as you know.

It sounds like your seat isn’t fitted properly. I removed my seats about 18 months ago for cleaning etc. They are a bit fiddly to get back in properly but you need to make sure the wheels of the runners fit neatly into the metal recess within the carpet/tunnel. There shouldn’t be any noticeable movement if they’re seated correctly.

Can you replicate the clunking with the seat out of the car? That should tell you if the seat has a problem, or whether it’s just a fitment issue.

1-EEE07-C2-DD66-4-BB6-BD1-B-0-CB9-C95300-DA.jpg

It sounds like your seat isn’t fitted properly. I removed my seats about 18 months ago for cleaning etc. They are a bit fiddly to get back in properly but you need to make sure the wheels of the runners fit neatly into the metal recess within the carpet/tunnel. There shouldn’t be any noticeable movement if they’re seated correctly.

Can you replicate the clunking with the seat out of the car? That should tell you if the seat has a problem, or whether it’s just a fitment issue.

1-EEE07-C2-DD66-4-BB6-BD1-B-0-CB9-C95300-DA.jpg
You ain't joking about it being a faff to get the seat into the seat rails. But the seat is securely in the seat rails, I dunno how though but my seat will not slide in the seat rails. Like the wheels aren't aligned or something.