Drivers seat moving/loose

Riko0073

Hi guys

As per the title, I’ve just noticed some slight movement in my drivers seat, only noticeable going around roundabouts or a sharp corner!

Never had issues with previous Audi’s but have seen that some Audi’s suffer from a bit of seat movement.

Anyone else had this and to save a trip to the dealers, any tips on where I should be looking to tighten any screws etc?

wuta3

I had this on my old 8P, not looked at the 8V seats but I imagine they have the same fixing mechanism. There's a couple of large bolts holding the rails to the metal through the carpet. On the other side of the bolt is a weird nut thing that clamps the whole thing together in a sandwhich and the whole sandwich had a knack for coming loose. Torque them back up and if it is anything like the 8P then they hold for a while.

I used to take my seats out frequently and ended up having to use locktite on it. This may not be your issue.

T-1000

Gold Supporter
Hi guys

As per the title, I’ve just noticed some slight movement in my drivers seat, only noticeable going around roundabouts or a sharp corner!

Never had issues with previous Audi’s but have seen that some Audi’s suffer from a bit of seat movement.

Anyone else had this and to save a trip to the dealers, any tips on where I should be looking to tighten any screws etc?

Four Spline bolts (item 5)

Torqued to 40nm

ca3f5c328defb24509c5cf65ee23bb68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk