Drivers seat thigh extension wobbles. Anyone else?

A4AvantBlackEdition

Reaction score
I’ve noticed this getting progressively worse. It’s not huge, but every time I go over a speed bump (and there are two on my cul de sac) the thigh extension part of the seat wobbles a bit and feels like it’s tapping my legs.

The passenger one doesn’t do it and it does it even when fully closed.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something I can fix myself as I don’t really fancy a trip the dealers as it’s almost an hour away and it’s a hassle.

Yes, mine does it. Something I'll have a look at over the weekend

Yes I have got exactly the same issue, was just thinking today that I am noticing it more often.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’ve noticed this getting progressively worse. It’s not huge, but every time I go over a speed bump (and there are two on my cul de sac) the thigh extension part of the seat wobbles a bit and feels like it’s tapping my legs.

The passenger one doesn’t do it and it does it even when fully closed.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something I can fix myself as I don’t really fancy a trip the dealers as it’s almost an hour away and it’s a hassle.
No not mine...

Fixed! Lift the catch/lever then give the extension a firm thump in a rearward direction whilst simultaneously letting go of the catch.

Fixed! Lift the catch/lever then give the extension a firm thump in a rearward direction whilst simultaneously letting go of the catch.
I’ve already tried that but it didn’t work. I’ve even tried forcing it back withough sitting on it and it still wobbles.

I’ve had a look under both front seats and there’s is nothing I can see that looks different or loose. I’ll probably live with it until I’m next near the dealer.

Now that you mention it, I had thought the other day the extension seemed a bit wobbly... an investigation beckons.

Did you manage to work out how to fix this issue? Just noticed same on my 2017 A4.

Thank you