Drivers Seat

way318

Reaction score
Hi, apologise now if my explanation is not great.

I've got an A5 Coupe 2013 with manual seats and when I tilt the back of the drivers seat forward to let someone in the back, the whole seat moves completely back and doesn't stop at it original set position, which results on squashing the ankles of the person in the back until I move it forward again.

I've compared it to the passenger seat and that stops at it original set position and seems ok, so not sure of something is broken or damaged on the frame etc of the drivers seat.

Hope the explanation made sense.

Thanks

Could be missing the seat position metal part that sits in the rail to remember where to stop, if your seat has them, this will be the issue & they can be replaced.

Reactions: way318
Thanks.

I got quoted £24 for the part, but that seemed expensive for what it is.

I assume the seat has to come out to fit it, as doesn’t look like there is any access to fit the part when it’s in the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£24 expensive, not at all for what it does & seat doesn't need to come out, it slides into the rail from the rear.

I did look for the part on the passenger side as thats works ok, but was unable to see it, hence why I assumed the seat had to come out for access.

Will have another look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk