Drivers Side Heating Only Blows Cold Air

Chang

Reaction score
Hey all,
I went for a drive last night and realised that only the passenger side, and rear air vents blow air at the correct temperature, where the drivers side no matter what temperature its set at only blows cold air.
I did a scan with carista (not sure how good it is at diagnostics) and I got the code 327955 HVAC which when reset keeps coming back, but I can't seem to find on google what it means.
Any ideas or anything I could try having a look at over the weekend?

Thanks

Thermostat housing issue possibly ? Is your engine temp normal and is your auto stop/start still enabled ?

Thermostat housing issue possibly ? Is your engine temp normal and is your auto stop/start still enabled ?
Engine temp seems fine, warms up like normal, and I disabled auto stop/start ages ago, but only since yesterday realised the heating issue

It sounds like a motorised flap issue, not sure on the B9, but there's usually a reset in hvac, which goes through all flap movements to reach tolerances etc, that's one thing to try, may need vcds or odis though.

Reactions: Sibmets
It sounds like a motorised flap issue, not sure on the B9, but there's usually a reset in hvac, which goes through all flap movements to reach tolerances etc, that's one thing to try, may need vcds or odis though.
I was thinking maybe something along them lines, and i'll do some investigating.
Thanks man

I had this issue with my B9 MY 2017, it was only 2 months out of warranty. Diagnosed as a burnt out motorised flap, Edinburgh Audi did a goodwill warranty claim whereby I purched a service from them and paid for the labour. The original quote was about £650 but with the goodwill claim it came to £400.
If your car is still under warranty, great, but worth the goodwill claim otherwise. Good luck.

Reactions: Chang
I had this issue with my B9 MY 2017, it was only 2 months out of warranty. Diagnosed as a burnt out motorised flap, Edinburgh Audi did a goodwill warranty claim whereby I purched a service from them and paid for the labour. The original quote was about £650 but with the goodwill claim it came to £400.
If your car is still under warranty, great, but worth the goodwill claim otherwise. Good luck.
Thank you, I'll try and have have a look myself, next step would be to ask a ex Audi Tech I know, see if knows any more about it