Drivers side reverse mirror dip

CupraDine

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I have enabled the passenger side mirror dip when you engage reverse but can this be done on the drivers side as well? If so does it work in the same way as the passenger or do you need to pick which one you want dipped with the mirror adjuster knob?

Cheers :smiley:

Mine doesn't work either.
As you, I've enabled the dipping function and memory but nothing happens. tried it also without memory but nothing changed
Think it will be fully available on memory seat or folding mirrors option

If your passenger mirror wasn't enabled from factory, how far does your passenger mirror dip?
Can you adjust the dip?

I haven't enabled the drivers side as everywhere says only the passenger side does it which I thought was odd, hence why I asked.

I think the mirror dips all the way down, I haven't really checked if it goes further. I can't adjust the dip, only by toggling the mirror adjustment knob to tell it to do it or not. I'm pretty sure it's just a timer, sometimes it doesn't go all the way back to where it was set, it stops short which makes me think the voltage drop on the motor prevents it from going as far in the time set. It's also easy to confuse, if you have it enabled and do a 3 point turn, it forgets to go back after the whole maneuver.

Ah, got you now.
I thought it would do same on drivers side as on passenger and started playing with it on my motor. No Sir, can't do.

I had a passenger door module gault last year? and replaced it with same part number one from same model car. All works as it should but mirror dips only inch or so and makes the dip pointless. Hardly see anything better by it unless adjust it's original position lower.
It does come back up to original position but, as mentioned 3 point turn will ruin it your settings. Only comes back up when accelerating, from simple reverse.

Looked up online but all tips for adjusting it took me nowhere.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I guess you need the seat memory unit module and memory mirrors for it to work differently? I sit quite low in my car so the mirror by default is low anyway, plus the are huge!

I find it interesting that they appear to be the same door modules but because one is drivers it just says no to the dip...weird.

I did enable it on mine(passenger) but it didn’t work all the time. Most of the time, even though I’d set the positions it wouldn’t return to the correct position. Not sure if it’s possible to do the drivers as well