Drivers side window

bss1978

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’ve a 2008 A3 1.9 tdi and the driver window has just stopped working.
Had a similar issue in an A4 avant and it was a split wire from the constant opening and closing of the door that was relatively easy to fix. Question is, Is this likely to be the same?
Also, what size wire do I need if it is the power wire that’s snapped? Halfords reckon an 8amp will be enough but seems too small to me?
Any thoughts appreciated

If it was a broken wire I suppose that you would also have more problems at that side of door. Does the lock work? Does the dash shows when you open and close the door? Can you operate the passengers side window from the drivers switch?
It might be just the motor.
For sure you can check the wires by checking behind the protective rubber cover at the door hinge.

Reactions: bss1978
If it was a broken wire I suppose that you would also have more problems at that side of door. Does the lock work? Does the dash shows when you open and close the door? Can you operate the passengers side window from the drivers switch?
It might be just the motor.
For sure you can check the wires by checking behind the protective rubber cover at the door hinge.
All other controls are working fine in the drivers door and door locks/unlocks fine. Going to strip the door and have a good look over the weekend