Drivers Window Shattered

zaka7

Reaction score
Just a heads up really, was driving near stoke today when my drivers window completely shattered, suggestions are an air rifle but i have read online tempered glass with installation issues can randomly shatter. Just want to give you all a heads up to be weary I guess and hope you don’t have the day I have!

Attachments

• ADEE8E0D-4797-4BC9-A6C5-A88B2280FED3.jpeg
    ADEE8E0D-4797-4BC9-A6C5-A88B2280FED3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 164
Oh boy - I bet you shat your pants when that let go.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Surprised it shattered and covered you. Should be designed to shatter but stay whole.

Surprised it shattered and covered you. Should be designed to shatter but stay whole.

I think only the windscreen is tempered glass, the side and back windows are not due to safety reasons so you can get out easily in an emergency etc

Apologies, assumed it was windscreen.

I think only the windscreen is tempered glass, the side and back windows are not due to safety reasons so you can get out easily in an emergency etc
I believe it is all tempered, to avoid breaking into jagged pieces. It is just not laminated like a windscreen is, as you say to make it easier to get out in an emergency.

My S4 has laminated front side windows, I guess I'm doomed, still it helps keep the carjackers out

Blimey, hard to believe it could just shatter. Could have been some mo-fo ******* around.