Driving Roads in Scotland - Glasgow to Forres

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
I do not venture far from the 8P Chassis section but looking some advice from the main land UK members.

Getting the boat from Belfast to Cairnryan on Tuesday. Travelling to Glasgow that night and leaving on Thursday morning to travel up to Forres, Morayshire.

I have done this drive before and basically went straight up through Cairngorms from Glasgow then on the way home, via Inverness - Fortwilliam- Glasgow (which was a blur because at Ben Nevis we realised we would miss the boat, which we did lol)

Going to give this one a go:

Ballinluig to Killin (A827)

Ballinluig to Killin (A827) - Driving Roads

This way on the way up (A827 Circled)

17764d1373198070-driving-roads-scotland-glasgow-forres-scotland-1.jpg

Attachments

• Scotland 1.jpg
    Scotland 1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Scotland 2.jpg
    Scotland 2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 130
You'll love the road over Dava Moor from Grantown, think it was built for the S3 chassis. :icon_thumright:
I drive on it every other weekend just for fun.

Reactions: Boydie
Which Dava moor you talking about. Grantown over to Forres is the better of the two....faster and smoother. The other being the Carrbridge moor road up and over Randolphs Leap....that road used to be amazing until they started using it as an HGV road and its now way too bumpy and uneven to take an S3 over......That road trashed a set of tyres in about 3 months on my old S3.

You'll love the road over Dava Moor from Grantown, think it was built for the S3 chassis. :icon_thumright:
I drive on it every other weekend just for fun.
Remember driving over that road in Sept 2007 when we were staying not far from Grantown in Spey in distillery cottages.Certainly a road you need to keep your wits about you for.

Which Dava moor you talking about. Grantown over to Forres is the better of the two....faster and smoother. The other being the Carrbridge moor road up and over Randolphs Leap....that road used to be amazing until they started using it as an HGV road and its now way too bumpy and uneven to take an S3 over......That road trashed a set of tyres in about 3 months on my old S3.

Aye, Mark the Grantown to Forres is the best.

Aye, Boydie , that's the road you've highlighted, you wont be disappointed. :racer:

Reactions: markos72, Brodster and Boydie
Yup the Grantown to Forres road is ace. The Randolfs Leap road has too many corners

Reactions: Boydie
Yup the Grantown to Forres road is ace. The Randolfs Leap road has too many corners

It used to be an amazing road when I first joined the RAF and used to drive down to Glasgow every weekend. The road surface now is hellish as its been left to deteriorate without running repairs so basically a NO!NO! for an S3. I went over it last month and now the decision has been made never to do it again.