Driving test - How many did it take you to pass?

Passed first time and within 2 months of turning 17 with only a few minor faults.

Same here, but took me 6 months of lessons. 2 months of lessons then ready for test, but then about 4 months of lesson taking while waiting for my test date to arrive.

I had 4 lessons, past my theory then past my test with 1 minor :) x

Passed 1st time with 3 minors, then lost my license for getting 6 points in my 1st 2 years of driving, had to take the test again and passed 1st time with 2 minors :laugh:

About 10 lessons. I did manage to crash the instructors car on one lesson (or rather a taxi pulled out in front of me).
Passed first time.

Passed first time in 1962.

Driven the equivalent of the moon and back without a bang ! Lucky I guess and definitely tempting fate !! :yes:

passed 1st time in about 15 mins, took 8 lessons while I was waiting for a test date.

Had been driving since a early age though :)

Passed first time, 10 lessons and 8 minors.

Passed 1st time in 1987 after 3 months of lessons, still remember my test to this day lol.

On a side note how was your instructors?? Mine used to have a cane in his car and if you crunched his gears he'd t*at you across the hands with it, the old git, but it worked a treat lol. Apparantly he had a stroke about a week after i passed my test, hope it wasnt my driving that did it to him haha.

2nd time, 1st time was totting up on speeding so 3 minors there, 2nd time 2 minors, both were for signalling and were debatable but since i passed i didnt care

Passed first time with 1 minor for being hesitant lol.... I wish I was more hesitant now though!

Had my theory booked for when I turned 17 and 1 week.

Oh and passed when I was 17 and 1 month after 3 lessons.

I passed 1st time after 10 lessons, but back then my provisional was £2 and the full licence cost me £5....lessons were £5.50 each

LOL

On a side note how was your instructors??

Mine used to let off silent but violent farts. Don't know why he bothered, it's not like I was going to have trouble working out it was him by way of elimination.

The reason I started this thread is because my girlfriend is taking her driving test as I type. It's her 4th one.
She failed the 1st time because her instructor never took her on to the massive 4 lane local roundabout because "they never take you on that during your test". They did.

The 2nd time neither her or her instructor could work out why she failed after hearing the examiner's explaination.

3rd time she just didn't practice enough before hand. Not helped by her instructor forgetting that she had booked a lesson for the day before.

4th time lucky I hope.

On a side note how was your instructors?? Mine used to have a cane in his car and if you crunched his gears he'd t*at you across the hands with it, the old git, but it worked a treat lol. Apparantly he had a stroke about a week after i passed my test, hope it wasnt my driving that did it to him haha.
:lmfao: My instructor was really soft. I passed on my 4th attempt other than the first the reasons were stupid one of them i failed because i was doing 55 in a 60 too slow apparently even though i was behind a lorry in heavy rain all the way down this road :think: but excuses aside once i passed i never looked back and never had a crash :sm4:.

Driving Test : Passed 1st time 20th July 1988 with 2 minors in Kandal
DA Bike Test: Passed 1st time 24th July 2003 with 3 minors in Oxford

1988 is SOOOOOOO long ago!!!

Cheers,

Passed 1st time with 1 minor in 1995, phew seems like a lifetime ago!!!

One of the only things I ever passed back then...lol!!!

I passed first time, think I got 4 minors. Infact, when I pulled out right at the beginning of the test, a car had to emergency stop to avoid hitting me, so I thought I had failed already, and had no pressure for the rest of the test. When I finally pulled up to the test center, the tester told me that car was driving too fast and it wasn't my fault, as I had looked back to see there was nothing there before I pulled out!

Thank the lord! :racer:

I can remember itching to get in the car as soon as I was 17 but my parents wouldn't let me go out on my 17th birthday as it was mid November and dark. They also refused to pay for any lessons for me as I was doing my A levels at the time (I was a year young at school). So I got my mum to teach me the basics and I did as much driving as I could in her car. In fact in school hols I remember taking her out for the day - including a trip from Durham to York and back again - all before I'd had a single 'proper' lesson.

I was allowed proper lessons as soon as I'd done my exams. Mum did a very good job - I was told to book my test at the end of my first lesson, and had 3 others before my test which I passed first time back in August 1991. No theory test in them days....

To add to the pressure it was also the day I got my A level results. So did my test in the morning and then drove to school in Newcastle on my own to collect my results. It was a good day as I got the grades I needed for my first choice - Nottingham Uni :eek:)

Passed 2nd time after 4 months (1st test was after 3 months) My mate passed his brother in 1 week, his brother had his theroy on his birthday passed and then my mate phoned up and got a test for the next week. He then spent the week taking his brother out for lesson in the evening and he passed 1st time. My mate isnt a driving instructor either.

Congrats to her dude, i'm glad i'm not taking a test these days, all the goverbent seem to want to do is just make it as hard as possible for new drivers these days, especially with the bike test, which im taking next year !

passed first time with 1 minor, i was driving since i was 15 though so road confidence was something ive always had. my test examiner was chatting all about top gear on my test and it laster 20 mins which was good lol

Passed first time with no fault on the Monday
Picked up my red xr3i on the Tuesday
Crashed it Wednesday taking my mum to the shops. Dah

passed first time 1 month and 12days after turning 17 passed theory 1 day after turning 17.

First time in my own car with no "proper" lessons

However it was back in the day just after horses and carts,lol

the driving test took me 10 lessons to get me out of bad habbits that id picked up in my days of driving beforehand and i passed my test 1st time,
the exam i had to try 5 times as i rushed it thinking i knew it all,

but the point is i did pass my test 2 years before in Australia but i wanted a UK licence for better insurance reasons,

Passed 2nd time in 1988, seemed to think it was either pass or fail back then - dont remember any mention of minors.
Failed 1st time on use of mirrors though TBH, im sure it was due to mirror being set perfect so i didnt even need to move my head. Back in those days it took 6 months to get a test date through :-(

I passed both my motorcycle and car tested first time but that was back in 1964 for the motorcycle and 1966 for the car. Seems a long time ago although I did an advanced driving course with Police driving instructors when I worked for a County Council. Because we did quite a bit of driving as part of the job we were given the chance to do the course. I must admit it was excellent as well as being great fun. Sitting next to one of these chaps whilst travelling very quickly on all sorts of roads and listening to their commentary was great. Mind you it can be a bit daunting driving your own car with a Police Class 1 driving instructor sitting next to you assessing your driving. Fortunately by the end of the course he was quite satisfied with my driving.

Passed first time in my own car, clean bill....

is it true wa they say about women with skirts on passing first time then? lol

i passed 2nd time examer told me i was the statiscics as i was last in the day and all passed b4 me he had to fail me to keep their statiscics weriod i kno but hey flew thro 2nd time lol

is it true wa they say about women with skirts on passing first time then? lol

Wouldnt know tbh, ask someone who wore a skirt!

i passed 2nd time examer told me i was the statiscics as i was last in the day and all passed b4 me he had to fail me to keep their statiscics weriod i kno but hey flew thro 2nd time lol

Aw! is that what he told you lol