Facelift DRLs

cemerson

Reaction score
Every now and then I see an A3 with only the top of the headlights lit for the DRLs, and not the sides/bottom section as it is in most FL A3s. Does anyone know why this is? What option / spec level determines this?

Is it sline models and above that have the full led design

Reactions: Jassyo06
Single line DRL = xenons on SE and sport models this design of daytime running light and usage of xenon lights is used on Q2,A3,A4,A6,and the TT

Reactions: Rob2k68, Tom.H and MattSedg
Single line DRL = xenons on SE and sport models this design of daytime running light and usage of xenon lights is used on Q2,A3,A4,A6,and the TT

I have a PFL Sport saloon with xenon lights, and my DRL's have the side LED strip, exactly the same as a Sline/S model, so it must only be different for the FL model.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I have a PFL Sport saloon with xenon lights, and my DRL's have the side LED strip, exactly the same as a Sline/S model, so the above isn't correct.
Oh.....Yes it is.......lol...your sport xenons must be a optional extra? Besides that, it is correct for the existing model line up..... Not the old lines.... I believe the sport models on older cars had halogen lights

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yep, I had a PFL Sport with Xenons too and had the full DRLs. Guess it's just the FL cars that this applies to then.

You're correct, jassyo06, and I actually edited my reply to say that this probably applies to FL models only.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06