Dropped drivers and passenger side doors

A7788

Reaction score
Thought I had posted about this but can't find it. Both the drivers and passenger side doors have dropped. Drivers side is worse, catches on the wing and have removed paint etc so want to get this sorted ASAP.

I have seen numerous posts on this, but not sure on how to fix it - is there a guide on the bolts etc that needs adjusting and how to get to them?

Thanks!

any pics of the shut lines ????????????? what are the gaps like on the lock side of the door ?????

you can adjust the doors by slackening the bolts of a bit its guess work so you have put it how you think it should be nip the bolts up and then shut the door and see how it lines up it will take a few goes to get it right. this should do it i no where the lock part is you can see lines to give you a guide line

Finally managed to get some pics;

photo1-12.jpg

photo2-13.jpg

photo3-9.jpg

photo4-7.jpg

WOW that really has dropped loads. You sure nothing is broken in terms of hinge.........looks like the lower one with the issue to me.

When you open the door do any hinges move?

On previous dubs I have worked on the nuts are located in the door.......so door card off and arm down the inside but not done one on an A4

ELSAWIN, a Haynes manual or ETKA for a break down should help

WOW that really has dropped loads. You sure nothing is broken in terms of hinge.........looks like the lower one with the issue to me.

When you open the door do any hinges move?

On previous dubs I have worked on the nuts are located in the door.......so door card off and arm down the inside but not done one on an A4

Can't see anything obvious. The doors are the next thing on the list after clutch and DMF so will let you know what the outcome is :)