Drying your car after it has rained?

J8TT X

Reaction score
Does anyone do this?
Is it worth it to keep the car clean?

I was tempted to go over the car with a squidgy but was just wondering if any one else does it and what they use?

Why would you do that? Think about all of the dirt on the car you would be dragging across the paint work!!! if a cars been washed properly then it will bead and as soon as you drive off all the water will run off the car nicely!

My car was parked up for two days when it rained, beaded ok but the water on the roof/bonnet dried into little spots everywhere.

Didn't have time to wash it so I thought a quick dry would leave it in better condition than letting the rain water dry on.

Hmm, i do see where you are coming from, i think the remedy is a blast with boost to shift any settled water after its stopped raining ;)

maybe a bucket of clean water chucked over the car be better than leaving rain water on the car?

More wax is what I will hopefully do this weekend. :yes:
if it doesn't rain!! lol

guessing no one dries their car then. lol

I wont bother then, probably cause more harm than good!

guessing no one dries their car then. lol

I wont bother then, probably cause more harm than good!

Yeh i normally just leave the rain on mine, will be fine and just bead off if your using a decent wax :thumbsup:

I will wade in here and say I use a Pet dryer similar to this (same after I have washed it) and it blows all the water off quickly, and gets in the nooks and cranys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 205
I reckon the problem around here, is that if I dried the car off after the rain, I'd be doing it every day, twice a day!! As for rain water being "pure", it certainly isn't, it's called acid rain for a reason, and all of the particulates which are in the air, get caught in the droplets, and beaten into the paintwork. I frequently see crud over the surfaces, after rain.