DSG gear knob\lever replacement?

Wes G

Reaction score
Does anyone know if its possible to change the gear lever from the old type (DSG-Silver bulky one) to the newer S tronic type (leather one)??? Stupid cosmetic thing but would just make it look a little more modern?:happy:

I seem to remember mentioning this to my dealer some time ago to do with my previous A3 and they said it was almost impossible because of problems that would be encountered with the wiring loom.

Thanx Dave- I didnt think it looked easy, I wont bother I was just curious after going in a newer one the other day.:thumbsup:

Wes.

hi there i have a 06 Audi with DSG do i have a new one? or an old one?

hi there i have a 06 Audi with DSG do i have a new one? or an old one?

I would think by 06 Audi were using the new one. If it has a leather gaiter similar to a normal gear stick, then it's the new one. The old one had the lever coming out through a polished metal slider.

How is the wiring loom different? Surely it has still got the same connections no matter which stick it is?

How is the wiring loom different? Surely it has still got the same connections no matter which stick it is?

No idea but that was what the technician at my dealers told me.

I would think by 06 Audi were using the new one. If it has a leather gaiter similar to a normal gear stick, then it's the new one. The old one had the lever coming out through a polished metal slider.

My March 05 model has the leather gaiter so that would suggest the new one.

Paul