DSG Gear Knob Snap?

V6kris

Reaction score
hi guys im currently looking at a a3 2.0tfsi the guy said he was fitting a s3 gear knob and he broke the gear selector but everything works fine? anyone any clue to this if it would be ok and no cause any damage to the gearbox ect? also any idea roughly how much to put right any help is appriecated thanks.

Does this just not negate the lock button. Could be an issue tbh.

Probably was doing my gearknob cnversion & didnt know what he was doing, who knows, but sounds like it.

If he has the snapped of piece then I could repair it, but the gear unit is £400, so buy it if he gives you £600 of for new gear unit & the removal/fit of new one or he gets new one done beforehand.

Make sure it goes into gear by manually moving the gear knob rod up & get in writing that anymore damage due to this he would be responsible for.

what sort of damage could this cause NHN and what sort of work is involved in fixing it cheers for replys

Appears he says its working fine, so would indicate he's repaired it already?

when i spoke to him he said it moves as normal its been like that for 5 months! i am getting him to send me a pic of it as he is a few hours drive from myself thanks

ok spoke to him there NHN he said when he was trying to put the new one on he "squeezed it and it snaped" but what he does now is when he starts it up in the morning he slips the gear knob of and puts a screw driver in to select R N D S once its in any of these you dont need the screwdriver lol in his words "its ok tho its a good thing so no one can steal the car" cause thy would never know i did laugh!!

lmao , guys a joker, who would buy that in that condition lol, who knows what rest is like huh, steer clear imho.

yeah defo mate thanks. i said to him has the timming belt and water pump been changed he said i think so my brother done that i think! he then said the brake pad warning light comes on with the abs light!!. well my search will go on! thanks for your replys NHN

lol, hey it could be a good car, but it doesnt reassure you with his responces does it mate.

yeah i think i will hold of a little longer! plus it sounds like it would just be a money pit!

I maybe selling my 2.0 tdi dsg SB soon, no I havnt got a price yet, but trust me its probably the most fully loaded A3 8P out there lol.

i could believe it going by your posts and parts you have fitted to other cars lol idealy i was after a petrol T as i had the 2.0tdi dsg on my last a3 and not a big fan of diesels tbh plus i dont do alot of miles to justify having one but in saying that i would always have another if it was the right one :) i will keep my eyes open for yours when you deicide to stick it on mate.

awsome build thread mate i think your car is stunning if you could pm me some details of mileage ect? as you can see it dont take much to change my mind on petrol or diesel lol its all about the looks and that looks awsome :)