DSG issues with remap

evil_scooby

Reaction score
Hi,
I have always had modified cars and im looking at swapping my BMW 335d with remap for a new 2011 s3.
I test drove the manual and it wasnt bad but quite fancy the DSG however have been reading about a lot of issues with clutch slip after a remap. I see lots of posts on here about clutch slip so apologies for another post, but I really wanted to know is are there any issues with getting an engine remap when you have a DSG gearbox?

Think im set on getting the IBIS white s3 black edition with those lovely new Rotor arm alloys.

Anyone any comparisions with a 335d? I only get about 33mpg in my 335d just now so was assuming the s3 would be roughly the same?

Clutch slip is much worse with the manual than the DSG. The S3 will destroy a manual clutch very quickly after a remap.

If you're only thinking of stage one then the DSG will be fine.

If you're getting 33mpg in the 335D you'll be looking at mid 20s I guess with the S3.

Oh mid 20s isnt good.
The 335d is running 340bhp so maybe thats why.
Its also maybe because a lot of my travel is in town just now but it will soon mostly be motorway so was hoping I wouldnt notice too much difference in fuel.

How many miles to a tank do you get?
How much power can the DSG take without issues?

Round town my stage 2 S3 gets about 20-25 mpg, on the motorway on a steady run I can get about 34mpg so ita not too bad really, but if you abuse your right foot it will plumet!
The dsg box is very strong, I've not heard of any issues of a mapped dsg S3 so it's not something I would worry about.

Jungleman is yours a DSG?
On a seperate note, I used to do a lot of 1/4 mile racing in previous cars. Have you had yours done as 360bhp I imagine yours is pretty rapid.

Jungleman is yours a DSG?
On a seperate note, I used to do a lot of 1/4 mile racing in previous cars. Have you had yours done as 360bhp I imagine yours is pretty rapid.

as minstadave said its a manual
to be fair ive never taken mine down the strip, 1/4 mile runs dont really interest me, im more interested in real world conditions, so hopefully next 30-130 event ill be able to run mine and see what my in gear times are. but when i had my car at stage 1 i could keep up with an RS4 and porsche panamera S it should be quick, now at stage 2, should easily have a 911 S and similar motors, time will tell when i can actually test it legally with V-Box results

Reactions: evil_scooby and RedDejavu