DSG stuck in gear 2...

G

_G_

Thought I'd engage the old sport mode...
50 down a dual-carriage way... braking gently (down to 10mph now) as coming to the end of the carriage way for the stop light...

It only goes and gets stuck in gear 2... at 2,000 RPM for a good 10 seconds. The paddle shifts didnt resolve it. Neither did putting it in D mode... waited it out and resolved itself.

No flashing PRNDS and no fault codes logged with VCDS.

Then yesterday evening on way back from work... doing 20mph in a 20 road... and it usually goes to gear 3 but it seems do be doing the job fine with gear 2 (no high revving this time) but just have to give it a tad more foot to get it to 3.

When did you do a DSG oil change/flush last?

At least you get a gear!

Mine sometimes doesn't engage any gear at all. it will just free rev in whatever gear

its happened two or three times in 8 months. guess it just gets confused sometimes!

i just pull over and put it in P then back to D and hey presto. all good.

id just put it down to it getting confused. it's a computer after all.

At least you get a gear!

Mine sometimes doesn't engage any gear at all. it will just free rev in whatever gear

its happened two or three times in 8 months. guess it just gets confused sometimes!

i just pull over and put it in P then back to D and hey presto. all good.

id just put it down to it getting confused. it's a computer after all.

thats the word.. free rev... and how embarassing it is... when it happened I was side by side with a panda.. and the copper looked at me funny...

I had the DSG flushed at 50k miles... and it cost a kidney from the stealer. On that note... don't go to Audi in Coventry on Fletchemsted Highway... the snapped a coil pack and broke my engine cover... they valetted the car and it came back with scratches galore.. and they only speak to you if you are wearing a suit or standing near the cars in the showroom... otherwise they don't give a isht.

If only there was a way of topping up the ATF... back in the days the old autos had an ATF dipstick but I guess they just don't want people doing the maintenance themselves.

my DSG every now and then goes into limp mode, jamming into 3rd.. its only very rare and works perfect the rest of the time! I took it to Audi and they charged me 290 quid to plug there diagnostic kit in, which came up with no faults. They also replaced the fuel filter for that price which they said they though was the cause... it wasn't though, as it went on limp mode the day after i got it back! :(

I moaned and now they are doing a two day test on it for free..so worth having a nag at them sometimes! If they come up with any problmes this time, I'll get the work done else where though cos they are so expensive!!