DTM register / owners thread

Hope they help
Mate that wiring looks confusing as f**k. I'm hoping all goes well with my stereo install. Gonna get it done in a couple of weeks.

I've been looking at a few cheap & subtle style mods. I got the plates & surround done. Also fitted chrome & black ABT valve caps. I've found silicone key cover for the switch blade key which u could colour match to your car, a bit cheesy but looks better than a worn key like the I had.

I've been adjusting my door gaps as my doors were sticking out a few mm. Each door was out slightly from each other but it looks a lot better now. If any1 needs to know how it's done give me a shout.

Another little cosmetic mod J, carbon fibre font pressed aluminium plates with ABT tuning plate surrounds.
They look awsome being looking at getting some myself but couldnt find out if they was legal or not...are yours legal if so where did u get them from or do most places that do pressed plates legal?

Mate that wiring looks confusing as f**k. I'm hoping all goes well with my stereo install. Gonna get it done in a couple of weeks.

I've been looking at a few cheap & subtle style mods. I got the plates & surround done. Also fitted chrome & black ABT valve caps. I've found silicone key cover for the switch blade key which u could colour match to your car, a bit cheesy but looks better than a worn key like the I had.

I've been adjusting my door gaps as my doors were sticking out a few mm. Each door was out slightly from each other but it looks a lot better now. If any1 needs to know how it's done give me a shout.
Took a while to get my head round all the wires lol..sound quality has improved 100 times over couldnt believe it when i cranked it up.

Reactions: WozzaAK
Nah my plates are illegal due to the spacing but you can get them done legal with company stamps from loads of places on ebay. To be honest mate I've been running illegal plates for a couple of years & never been pulled, even tho I've driven right past the old bill. Go get em mate, they do look cool for small money.

Took a while to get my head round all the wires lol..sound quality has improved 100 times over couldnt believe it when i cranked it up.
Glad u sorted it dude. I hate it when you get new stuff & it doesn't work as it should.

Is there anyone who is breaking Dtm ?
Or anyone can help me with rear bumper bracket holders - OEM numbers ?
I have DTM rear bumper but the holders are my Oem s-line and they don't fix it 100% :(

Sorry
I have DTM rear bumper but the holders are my Oem s-line and they don't fix it 100% :(
Sorry dimitar can't help you, but I'd ring Tps for oem numbers. Good luck

There was a red one on ebay breaking this is one of the listings 201420406739 give them a message they did have the whole car.

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
Nah my plates are illegal due to the spacing but you can get them done legal with company stamps from loads of places on ebay. To be honest mate I've been running illegal plates for a couple of years & never been pulled, even tho I've driven right past the old bill. Go get em mate, they do look cool for small money.
They do look good but i like to think if i get pulled i can tell them to swivel as its all legal :) ill probs get some from an online company thay give you a certificate to say there legal

Stereo, BSR optiflow, carbon dipped engine cover & an engine clean. Feeling fresh! :nogarors4:

Reactions: Tooty_Fruity
Nice engine cover Wozza, custom for you or off the shelf?

Now.... i have to motivate myself to remove the front bumper to fit the new grille.. unless anyone can help? Happily cover your petrol with plenty of tea and bickies.

Oh and had new drilled front vented discs delivered today.. F**k me they are heavy.

Nice engine cover Wozza, custom for you or off the shelf?

Now.... i have to motivate myself to remove the front bumper to fit the new grille.. unless anyone can help? Happily cover your petrol with plenty of tea and bickies.

Oh and had new drilled front vented discs delivered today.. F**k me they are heavy.
Thanks dude! Had it done custom along with front & rear Audi rings for £70 from hydrodip uk. The lettering had to be hand painted so close up its not absolutely perfect, u can c the brush marks. For the price I think it's well worth it.

I would love to help u with the front bumper but I've never taken one off before. But if u need an extra pair of hands & I'm free when u need it done, I'd help u man.

What make are the discs & are you not changing pads as well? My brakes feel weak & ive had them bled. I've got a lip on the discs, but pads are fairly new. As soon as pads are worn I'll replace the discs & pads. So let us know how get on with those new discs.

Looks very nice woz the dipping has come up well looks 100 times better than i imagined. Do you get much engine noise from your induction im in need of engine sound as its far to quiet :(

Looks very nice woz the dipping has come up well looks 100 times better than i imagined. Do you get much engine noise from your induction im in need of engine sound as its far to quiet :(
I was told that there would be a lot of noise, sucking of air & letting off accelerator. But to be honest I'm getting the sucking of air & turbo spool/whistle but not much of the phssst when backing off the throttle. This is probably due to me changing the rev c diverter valve to the Rev d, as when I had the Rev c fitted it made a flutter noise & that disappeared when i swapped to the Rev d valve. It still sounds nice & im happy that it's not overkill as I was lead to believe. I think it's improved the overall sound of the exhaust too. Go for it mate, if your not happy with it u could always sell it on.

so i decided to put my old grill back on. but i had the surround wrapped black

cars been lowered aswell.

IMG_2014_zps3uognyvy.jpg

Hi fellow DTM owners, I'm Rog:salute:

I've just come back into Audi ownership, after a couple of years of absence. I have owned a few Audis over the years, two A3's (2.0tfsi Q and 3.2), a S4 B6 and an Audi 80 cab 2.6 V6 (project car). There are some of my project threads on here, if you want to look.
I am now the proud owner of this..not so beautiful (yet!) DTM :yahoo::greyrs4:

P1050938 by Roger Freeman, on Flickr

P1050939 by Roger Freeman, on Flickr

P1050940 by Roger Freeman, on Flickr

P1050941 by Roger Freeman, on Flickr

P1050943 by Roger Freeman, on Flickr

It needs some love and attention,, in the looks dept, but is sound mechanically and has FSH.

I'm well happy with it, it drives great too :racer:

I'll upload the progress over in the projects area, as and when I complete the jobs that need doing.

Rog :smiley:

Hi fellow DTM owners, I'm Rog:salute:

I've just come back into Audi ownership, after a couple of years of absence. I have owned a few Audis over the years, two A3's (2.0tfsi Q and 3.2), a S4 B6 and an Audi 80 cab 2.6 V6 (project car). There are some of my project threads on here, if you want to look.
I am now the proud owner of this..not so beautiful (yet!) DTM :yahoo::greyrs4:

P1050938 by Roger Freeman, on Flickr

P1050939 by Roger Freeman, on Flickr

P1050940 by Roger Freeman, on Flickr

P1050941 by Roger Freeman, on Flickr

P1050943 by Roger Freeman, on Flickr

It needs some love and attention,, in the looks dept, but is sound mechanically and has FSH.

I'm well happy with it, it drives great too :racer:

I'll upload the progress over in the projects area, as and when I complete the jobs that need doing.

Rog :smiley:
Hi Roger, welcome to the DTM club! It'll be interesting to see your build. Good luck pal!

Hi everyone, haven't been active for a while. Just an update on what I've done. I've installed an rs6 front grill, took a while to do and get it to fit right in the standard surround. Need to re-wrap my surround though as it has started to peel off. Excuse the cable tied number plate lol need a better way to get it on. Can anyone shine some light on whether removing the plate completely is illegal or not. I dont have a number plate recess so I'm assuming that it is not illegal.

My middlebox has also been removed I will post a video of the results too. It can get quite loud on motorways when accelerating hard. Keeping the throttle constant keeps ot quiet though.
20160403 184232 005 01
20160405 135627

IMG 20160402 WA0006

Reactions: craichouse

Short clip of what the exhaust sounds like. Car was still cold

Reactions: DrStrange
I'm gonna kill the person who vandalised my car. Fooking pished off, arrrrgh!

Someone keyed my car along all driver side + back boot + other rear panel - spoke with police but nothing as i have no camera but i got reference number ! Call my insurance and because i got protected No claim they will respray the car ! Tommorow wait her to be done !

Someone keyed my car along all driver side + back boot + other rear panel - spoke with police but nothing as i have no camera but i got reference number ! Call my insurance and because i got protected No claim they will respray the car ! Tommorow wait her to be done !
Oh **** dude! I'd be crying. I suppose once you paid the excess you'll have the fresh paintwork. I think I'm gonna protect my no claims after hearing your story. Good luck man & post some pics of the new paint.

Ah mate no fu##ing way
Where was you parked
Gutted
I know mate been quoted £175 from a mobile dent repair place, that's money I was gonna spend on painting my rims anthracite. Im gonna shop around for a better quote.

Not sure when it was done but i reckon it was outside the house Tuesday night or at work Wednesday. But I'm only guessing who, when & where. I wish I had a gated driveway. Jealous minded fu##ers

Sorry to hear about both of your cars. I've got the same problem in my area, people have pulled out from behing leaving scuffs on the rear bumper on both sides. Some people have no respect for anothers property. Hope you both get yours fixed with little hassle.

Got a much better quote of £75. I'll post up pics once it's done, fingers crossed its a pro job!

Yeah i have to pay excess £350 for all driver side, rear bumper, boot lit and rear quarter passanger side - hope they done it good ! Will see tommorow and will post pics !
So many bad people - lazy and envy
I'm working 60 hours night work and whem i respray on my cost the car they scratch it .... They will pay one day !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, some theiving scumbag has stolen my Audi rings with the holder. Not having the best of luck at the moment. I have a Audi b7 honeycombe grille & was wondering if an oem badge holder will fit or do I need to get a holder for my particular grille. Ive had a look for a replacement but can't seem to find any. I bought the car with the rs4 grille so im not sure on the fitments of the holder. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be really grateful. Thanks!

Sorry to hear that Wozza.

After a few months of putting it off, i finally fitted my new grille today. Cant say its that easy or quick but hopefully the results speak for themselves.

Wozza, the new grille came with a separate ring holder as the original bumper has the holder moulded in. I had to fashion a clamping system behind the new grille to secure the ring holder.

Bumper removed
New grille 1

Last edited:
Hi mate,

Yeah looks like I'd need the holder from an aftermarket grille. I've tried looking but can't seem to find one anywhere. What I've done is use the rear carbon dipped badge I had spare as I wanted to keep a debadged rear. I've stuck it on flush & it does'nt look too bad, I'll get some pics up in a bit. I may buy the gloss grille with holder.

By the way your grille looks awesome, good job!

How did you get your car to APR stage 2, have you fitted an exhaust, intake, HPFP & intercooler?

Bonnet has had PDR done on it but it's not perfect. Hard too see the remaining damage in the photo but it is still there, so I may repair & spray the whole bonnet.
Looks weird in the photo but not too bad in the flesh. I may just buy & fit a bigger badge. I do need to adjust the bumper though!

My old key was a bit battered so I thought I'd get a blue key cover with real carbon fibre rings & Audi 80/100 turbo emblem key rings.

Tooty_Fruity that looks good. Something I want to do but here's my dilemma. I want to keep the original DTM grille but have a black surround. Now I know you can separate the grille and surround but my surround is broken hence why I want to replace it. Trouble is you can't buy the surround on its own. So my only other option is to get a cheap se/DTM grille and prep/spray it.

Wozza that sucks, I've only ever seen those holder come with the grilles. Might be worth putting up a post in the main forums as someone may have kept theirs when debating their grille.

I really need to get the grille sorted as I had these arrive in the post the other day

0b0a5c25d36b2b494a98c07c4fff2d66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk