DTM register / owners thread

Looking good bro! We'll have to get a little DTM meet together once weather warms up.
I second that. Would be good to see them in a convoy, would make for some good video footage.

Reactions: WozzaAK
I second that. Would be good to see them in a convoy, would make for some good video footage.

Ha ha, reading between the lines Jay it seems you may think I now have a spare original DTM grille lying around.
Sorry to say if thats the case that i won't be selling it.

Wish i could have found a way to fit the small rectangular 'quattro' badge to the new grille.

DTM get together.. count me in !

Ha ha, reading between the lines Jay it seems you may think I now have a spare original DTM grille lying around.
Sorry to say if thats the case that i won't be selling it.

Wish i could have found a way to fit the small rectangular 'quattro' badge to the new grille.

DTM get together.. count me in !
LOL. Not at all, I'm not fishing for your grille. Just on the look out for something that's got an in tact surround so I can work my magic but not wanting to pay for something that costs the earth. I'm waiting on an RS4 style phantom black one only there is a 2 month wait. I want to really keep the phantom black DTM one really as I've seen a front mount DTM badge I want . Also seen Quattro badges in chrome and blue but I want black and blue. Not a big fan of chrome.

Hi jay,

Yes it's a pain in the backside that nobody seems to sell these badge holders. I may just get the bigger carbon badge from das auto eBay & just stick it on. Your badges look nice, they wouldn't be from das auto would they?

It'd be cool to see how you do your grille. Please post pics when it's done.

:nogarors4::blackrs4::greyrs4::yellowrs4::redrs4:

Weather is getting better guys! We'll deffo get a meet sorted soon. Be nice to meet up with the DTM crew.

Tooty_Fruity that looks good. Something I want to do but here's my dilemma. I want to keep the original DTM grille but have a black surround. Now I know you can separate the grille and surround but my surround is broken hence why I want to replace it. Trouble is you can't buy the surround on its own. So my only other option is to get a cheap se/DTM grille and prep/spray it.

Wozza that sucks, I've only ever seen those holder come with the grilles. Might be worth putting up a post in the main forums as someone may have kept theirs when debating their grille.

I really need to get the grille sorted as I had these arrive in the post the other day

0b0a5c25d36b2b494a98c07c4fff2d66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just do what i done.

wrap the surround. hers my car

LOL. Not at all, I'm not fishing for your grille. Just on the look out for something that's got an in tact surround so I can work my magic but not wanting to pay for something that costs the earth. I'm waiting on an RS4 style phantom black one only there is a 2 month wait. I want to really keep the phantom black DTM one really as I've seen a front mount DTM badge I want . Also seen Quattro badges in chrome and blue but I want black and blue. Not a big fan of chrome.

Hi jaybv6, I think I may have said this in an earlier post to you?...:smile:

I ended up buying off ebay, I think it was about £5 a S-Line front badge, and then brought 2 DTM ones (About £22 each)....I then razored off the holder the S-line and used a 3m pad to afix the DTM to it.......only problem was that the S-line badge is designed for driver side of grill, nence my placement above Quattro Badge... (Angled fitting)... the badge then totalled £27.00..plus a few cuts on the hands reaching behind grill!!!!!

:friendly wink:

Attachments

• WP_20151021_15_40_49_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151021_15_40_49_Pro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 448
Yeah saw that and looks good.

found this item for not a bad price

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/311594092909

Along with slightly cheaper DTM badges in satin

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/311594092907

And in chrome

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/311594093474

Also do black DTM badges

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/311594093475

Also like these Quattro badges to match a sprint blue

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/321954980905

All from Italy. So will let you know what the quality is like when I get mine.

Also looking at butchering a DTM badge to place in the steering wheel (inset towards the bottom of the wheel). Just subtle tweeks.

:salute:
Yeah saw that and looks good.

found this item for not a bad price

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/311594092909

Along with slightly cheaper DTM badges in satin

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/311594092907

And in chrome

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/311594093474

Also do black DTM badges

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/311594093475

Also like these Quattro badges to match a sprint blue

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/321954980905

All from Italy. So will let you know what the quality is like when I get mine.

Also looking at butchering a DTM badge to place in the steering wheel (inset towards the bottom of the wheel). Just subtle tweeks.

Hi Mate.....Nice Find!!..:salute: ...good links for the rest of the Guys on here!!

The Chrome one looks good!!.......the mount used looks the same as mine, and I think you will have to put it on the Drivers side?...it's the angled slots on the back, they are angled for the Grill.

I take it, you have ordered the Blue "Quattro" badge?....:smile new:

Catch up!

Hi DTM Owners

Just a Heads up,:whistle2: I have placed 3 Flea-bay links on the A4 B7 parts for sale page for items removed from my DTM...please go have a look and read!!:readit:

Ta
:yes:

Anyone help im looking at some new wheels does anyone know if 245 40 18 with an offset of 29 will fit and 8.5j. Ill need spigot rings for the centre bore but dont want to do that to find out the wheels dont even fit an tyres rub.
Thanks

Just thought I'd post this here one of 250 still standard (for now) do wish it was sprint blue tho!!!
 20160704 214404
FB IMG 1467664826528

Anyone help im looking at some new wheels does anyone know if 245 40 18 with an offset of 29 will fit and 8.5j. Ill need spigot rings for the centre bore but dont want to do that to find out the wheels dont even fit an tyres rub.
Thanks

You will need 235/40/18 as 245 are a bit bigger ! I use to have Et29 on my B7 - there are few pics
No rub on S-line suspention

Image1467669604039995

Image1467669666536230

Reactions: James.c
Hi
(Long one)

I am asking any of you “Youngsters” on this Forum, and also Mike (Parts) to help in getting this “Old-un” a solution to a problem?

We are talking REAR INNER DRIVESHAFT CV JOINTS for my DTM.

Anyone replaced theirs with a CV Joint kit etc?

Firstly, I am having trouble deciphering the Audi online parts numbering for the rear inner drive shaft.

Seems there are two types, and are repair kits, one shows an extended shoulder on the joint itself, and one that is basically no shoulder... (I believe mine are without the shoulder)...both items are listed with, or without Boots?

I Have been trying all sorts of aftermarket suppliers, and seem to be having problems of identifying them?....I have found one kit in mind, but will have to dismantle the existing joint to check on the "Splines", this particular joint kit has the following measurements...Dia 84mm..Width 26mm Flange holes of 8mm, and 25 splines.......Does this mean anything to anyone?

The kits that I have been enquiring on are also as ambiguous in part numbers and descriptions as the Audi part Number & description, in that the aftermarket Kit comes with:

Boot with flange (Fitted), Shaft Circlip, Small Boot to shaft jubilee clip, CV Joint, 2 gasket seals for joint faces, backing cup flange, 6 New Bolts, CV grease.

Meyle (Germany) have said that they do not do this joint, as they believed it is sealed to the shaft, with only the wheel side being of a replaceable item?...is this the case?...I do have my doubts, as mine do look like the Kit outlined above?...as it seems the new gasket seals should seal the actual joint as fitted (Cup-Joint & Booted Flange to Joint??)

I am trying to resolve the size question, in that will then relieve me the task of having to split a joint to check the splines (Outer measurements can be done in-situ)....though it does seem that I may have to do this?!!

Your turns....Anyone!!

Grateful Thanks in advance!!

:)

Right, an update

getting the clutch done and all seemed to be going well until they started to put it back together.

firstly, it had a diesel starter motor on it and a solid flywheel from a 1.8t 20v B5. and the clutch to match. i dont know how.

the right clutch and dual mass flywheel fits in the gearbox but the starter motor is causing the problem.

can anyone help?

spotted a couple of DTMs in the area.

ive had mine a year now and i havent seen any here then all of a sudden BOOM.

silver one in Bexleyheath reg DM05DTM and a black one in shell petrol garage in Charlton.

anyone on here?

Hi, guys the time has come 2 sell the DTM :( I've just put a deposit down on a nice family estate )

I will prob put it on Ebay and in the for sale section, it's in mint condition and only just don't 74,000 miles.

We pick up the new car in a few weeks and will trade this in but thought I would ask on here as would rather it go 2 some one who will love it like we have its had lot done in the last year including the cambelt and water pump with the auxiliary belt and all tensioners, while the front was off I had the oil pick up pipe replaced with the revised part along with the diverter valve and hpfp cam follower.

It's also had 4 new pilot sports and front pads. The oil and filter are changed every year or 6000 miles.

Not sure how much it's worth or what 2 ask for it any ideas?

Karl.

Hi, guys the time has come 2 sell the DTM :( I've just put a deposit down on a nice family estate )

I will prob put it on Ebay and in the for sale section, it's in mint condition and only just don't 74,000 miles.

We pick up the new car in a few weeks and will trade this in but thought I would ask on here as would rather it go 2 some one who will love it like we have its had lot done in the last year including the cambelt and water pump with the auxiliary belt and all tensioners, while the front was off I had the oil pick up pipe replaced with the revised part along with the diverter valve and hpfp cam follower.

It's also had 4 new pilot sports and front pads. The oil and filter are changed every year or 6000 miles.

Not sure how much it's worth or what 2 ask for it any ideas?

Karl.

Hi Matey

Sorry to hear this :sorrow: ...I spose Needs must?

I am sure you will get a good home for it, they have picked up in value lately, and would have thought it could be brought by someone local??

...It means that mine will be the only one in this neck of the woods:sob: and will be for at least the next decade!!!!:friendly wink:

...and no more "Catch a Wave"!!:crying:

Catch up

Will still give ya a wave matey, you will see me from a mile away (Blue Forester STI) lol

Gonna miss the DTM tbh as best car I've ever had :(

It's on Ebay now.

Karl.
Hi(again)

Yeah, see that, you have it pitched at a very good & very fair price, in comparison to the aged "I'll steal your photo one" ad!?..:greyrs4::laughing::laughing: Nudge, Nudge.

You should also put it on this Groups Sales page?....it really needs a Good home.

The Sun blinds are a rarity?, I could have done with them, having just purchased two "Stick on" one's for when carrying the Grand Kids (OAP)...I'll just have to suffer the looks, as they have Chimp pictures on them!! :fearscream::cry:

Good luck "Subaru Traitor"!!..:tongueclosed::tongueout:

The DTM is now sold and has gone just up the road 2 Colchester, it might find its way back on here with its new owner, just hope he looks after it :)

Karl.

I've not posted on this thread since I bought my DTM back in April. So I thought I would show where the DTM is at this moment.

This is lifted from my Progress thread in the Project Room, if you want to take a look.

Link here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...t-back-from-the-brink-progress-thread.268578/

The car has come quite along way since I bought it!

*update*

The DTM had its first MOT in my ownwership last month, It did fail intially:unamused:

But it was nothing too major. All that was required, was to tighten up the battery clamp!, a new exhaust clamp and a new lower track arm. I also had the oil changed too.

While it was up on the lift, I was able to have a good look around underneath all was in good nick apart from discovering the gearbox mount bracket was broken! :frowning:

So this was replaced with a genuine part a week later. The car did have some issues going from 1st to second gear at speed. This was obviously the reason.

Then to add to all this, the clutch, which had been slipping a little, started to slip badly in the higher gears :weary:

So last week I bit the bullet and had the clutch and DMF replaced (OEM). Although, it's been an expensive month, to say the least! It has definately been worth it, as the car now feels awesome to drive :racer::greyrs4:

It is safe to say I won't be selling the car any time soon....

A few pics to cheer me up :)

:sunglasses:

Reactions: WozzaAK, j18fxy, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
My Dtm is going to Bodyshop for some repairs Friday night. Otherwise it would've been great to get some dtm's together. Maybe next time, have a good one & get some pics.

Reactions: j18fxy
A few from players

Attachments

• IMG_4767.PNG
    IMG_4767.PNG
    885.1 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_4770.PNG
    IMG_4770.PNG
    458.6 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_4774.JPG
    IMG_4774.JPG
    388.9 KB · Views: 412
Reactions: James.c, j18fxy and WozzaAK
Hi Guys, i'm newish to the forum.

I don't own a DTM myself but my mum has had hers for over 6 years now.

It's black, standard except for the grill which has been replaced with the gloss black surround instead of chrome and de-badged.

I'll get some pictures up shortly.

Dav

Reactions: WozzaAK and j18fxy
5150975a2c7df85fa2ea2253e0ff402a.jpg

Tooti that rs4 style grill can you remove the plate plinth?? I've got a us spec one to fit on mine and fancy that grill.

Just thought I'd stick a pick of mine up as I've not posted for a while.

Hi all, will be selling my DTM soon, I know I will regret it but has to be done
Just informing you all incase you know anyone who is looking for one. Sprint blue, 89700miles, FSH, genuine RS6 front grill. Front pads and discs have been replaced about 5-600miles ago. Does have slight damage but have been quoted about £200 to reapair. When it is priced, I will already have taken that into consideration. I will keep you posted in a week or so with a price update.
Contact- 07521454399
Email- bilaal23@live.com
20160823 180125
20160807 183314
20160806 143114
20160807 215522
20160806 143141

Reactions: j18fxy and James.c
Hi all, will be selling my DTM soon, I know I will regret it but has to be done
Just informing you all incase you know anyone who is looking for one. Sprint blue, 89700miles, FSH, genuine RS6 front grill. Front pads and discs have been replaced about 5-600miles ago. Does have slight damage but have been quoted about £200 to reapair. When it is priced, I will already have taken that into consideration. I will keep you posted in a week or so with a price update.
Contact- 07521454399
Email- bilaal23@live.com
View attachment 106888 View attachment 106889 View attachment 106890 View attachment 106891 View attachment 106892
Sorry to hear your getting rid of your DTM. I'm sure someone will snap it up. Good luck bro!

Hi guys I've been a bit quiet but it's time I stepped up the looks dept.

Managed to get a DTM mfsw, just need the stereo interface & I should be good to go.

I had the rims painted black which I like but the finish is a bit pants so I'll be taking it back for a repaint.

Fitted 12mm h&r spacers on the rears with black bolts, painted the hubs & calipers black. I'll be doing the fronts tmrw, h&r 10mm.

There's a few more things to do on the outside but I'm nearly there.

p.s
Key fob was battered so fitted new pads & carbon wrapped. Much better than before although some may not like it.
img_2566-jpg.107916
img_2558-jpg.107917
img_2556-jpg.107918
img_2563-jpg.107919
img_2555-jpg.107920

img_2547-jpg.107921

img_2548-jpg.107923

Reactions: James.c and Audi-Rog
Alright fella's

I've got a few days off work so i was out early finishing a few jobs on the old girl. The car still needs a good clean which will be a job for tomorrow.

First up was fitting the engine bay covers. Everything slotted into place easy peasy. The compartment cover is loose-ish but it ain't going nowhere & there's no noise from it vibrating so that's the way it stays.

img_2593-png.108029

img_2594-png.108030

Next job was to finish the fitment of front spacers, painting of calipers & hub. It was a long process due to drying times & working on a public road with buses & cars going past. So I completed one side first before turning the car around. I'll fit some new caliper clips once the paint dries. So far the pads ain't rattling.

img_2577-jpg.108035

Yep red calipers up front & black on the back. No need to show off them tiddly rears lol. I thought I'd balance the red accents, rear lights, dtm side badge & front calipers.

img_2595-png.108041

img_2596-png.108043

img_2597-png.108044

I bought a stereo adaptor for the mfsw. I surprised myself & managed to fit it, only after struggling to get the stereo out & then spending an hour trying to fit two harnesses together. I finally realised remove old aftermarket harness & fit new one. Damn instructions didn't tell me that. Anyhow all up & running after a week from when I bought the mfsw.

I hope you like the pictures, I had to lay on the concrete like a **** to get some of them shots ;-)

Adios

Reactions: j18fxy, Sonny Singh and Stanningtonglen
Wozza, now the looks well mate, what the finish on you engine cover ??