DTM register / owners thread

Hi tootyfruity, what's your DTM like. I c your from Berkshire, whereabouts dude? I'm in Slough. How much mechanical knowledge do know bout our cars? It would be nice to have someone close with good advice. Cheers

Just down the road near Reading Wozza. Sorry no mechanical knowledge as such. Anyone? Bueller?
Was thinking about TerraClean at Grease Junkie in Bracknell (Ed China's place).

Re Exhausts - Typically Milltek can take up to 4 weeks to deliver and its not a straight fwd fit as the exhaust tips will protrude to far for the DTM.
I have an 034 Motorsports High Flow Cat fitted onto the standard exhaust. Does make a lovely sound but be warned, the car can fail on emissions when the MOT is due.

Reactions: WozzaAK
Have a look/listen at this vid on YouTube - before and after with High Flow Cat.

Reactions: WozzaAK and j18fxy
Nice, price is good compared with milltek & you say there was a big improvement in performance sounds good. I'm gonna have a look at Jetex, if you get some pics I'd appreciate that. I'm in the process of trying to organise a carbon clean using hydrogen, results sound good @£100, could be group discounts if we get enough of us up for it min 3 cars
Thats why i went for jetex i couldnt justify spending double the amount. Ive not looked into hydrogen cleaning properly does it work well?

Hi Paul, have you had any joy in looking for a DTM. What specs are you after & how much you wanna spend.

Hi mate,

Still looking. As I'm not really in any hurry I'm just trying to get the best spec I can...

To be honest, I am more concerned about it having all the common issues fixed ie cam / follower, oil pump chain and tensioner etc.

Price wise I'm not too sure. I've been offered a black one with high miles for 5.5k, blue one for 6.5k and theres a one owner sprint blue not far from me which is up for 10k but I think thats too much although the car is mint.

Thanks,

Paul.

Hi mate,

Still looking. As I'm not really in any hurry I'm just trying to get the best spec I can...

To be honest, I am more concerned about it having all the common issues fixed ie cam / follower, oil pump chain and tensioner etc.

Price wise I'm not too sure. I've been offered a black one with high miles for 5.5k, blue one for 6.5k and theres a one owner sprint blue not far from me which is up for 10k but I think thats too much although the car is mint.

Thanks,

Paul.

Sounds like you got your head screwed on. I'm no expert but yeah definitely check timing belt & history. I heard the cam follower is upgraded on the 220bul engines, that's not to say they won't wear. I would of thought the noise would give it away. I just jumped in & listened to the engine, usual checks & hoped for the best. I think there's always gonna be some sort of mechanical or maintenance work needed when buying secondhand. The cost of four decent tyres & pads could probably pay for timing belt service. So swings & roundabouts. A blue one for 6.5k sounds good, I paid 7.5k 88k 2005, xenons, sprint blue, decat, mint condition but it still needed service, pads & some other bits. Well I wish u luck & if u do get one you'll be joining an exclusive club. I've yet to see another on the road.

Thats why i went for jetex i couldnt justify spending double the amount. Ive not looked into hydrogen cleaning properly does it work well?

Check out leshkin post about terraclean is it worth it. He had hydrogen clean done & results were positive. Also terraclean isn't that great on tfsi engines. Have a look m8, I'm getting it done in the next week so will post findings. I done an oil service myself today, 1st time I've tried this. Jakcing the car up on axle stands on a busy road was a bit scary but got it done. I'll be quicker next time lol.

Sounds like you got your head screwed on. I'm no expert but yeah definitely check timing belt & history. I heard the cam follower is upgraded on the 220bul engines, that's not to say they won't wear. I would of thought the noise would give it away. I just jumped in & listened to the engine, usual checks & hoped for the best. I think there's always gonna be some sort of mechanical or maintenance work needed when buying secondhand. The cost of four decent tyres & pads could probably pay for timing belt service. So swings & roundabouts. A blue one for 6.5k sounds good, I paid 7.5k 88k 2005, xenons, sprint blue, decat, mint condition but it still needed service, pads & some other bits. Well I wish u luck & if u do get one you'll be joining an exclusive club. I've yet to see another on the road.

Sounds like you got a bargain!

The sprint blue one I'm due to view next week at some point belongs to a member on here. Its 6.5k but has a lot more miles on it than yours.

I test drove a silver one a few weeks ago but it had the tell tale cam rattle and the swage line on the doors didn't line up correctly so I promptly walked away! Wasn't cheap either.

I would prefer sprint blue but they do command a premiem...

The sprint blue one I'm due to view next week at some point belongs to a member on here. Its 6.5k but has a lot more miles on it than yours.

I test drove a silver one a few weeks ago but it had the tell tale cam rattle and the swage line on the doors didn't line up correctly so I promptly walked away! Wasn't cheap either.

Mate on the way home from buying the car the caliper clips fell off because of cheap pads, new pads needed on the front. Decat was blowing, new gasket needed. Rear auto headlight auto level sensor snapped, new sensor needed. I wanted to lower it so bought the springs & when mechanic tried to fit them the dreaded pinch bolts wouldn't move & he snapped the hub carrier, two hub carriers for both sides. I've had a few head banging against the wall episodes lol. I hate spending money on repairs, maintenance & modding is ok but repairs do my head in when they come in bunches. Rant over lol. I looked at a black one in Banbury it was shockingly bad. Almost went for a silver one but then this one started to reply to my calls so snapped it up. I think the blue, silver & probably even more rare yellow look nice. The black hides the cuts in bumper too much. Go for the right car, I wouldn't worry bout the colour too much.

Mate on the way home from buying the car the caliper clips fell off because of cheap pads, new pads needed on the front. Decat was blowing, new gasket needed. Rear auto headlight auto level sensor snapped, new sensor needed. I wanted to lower it so bought the springs & when mechanic tried to fit them the dreaded pinch bolts wouldn't move & he snapped the hub carrier, two hub carriers for both sides. I've had a few head banging against the wall episodes lol. I hate spending money on repairs, maintenance & modding is ok but repairs do my head in when they come in bunches. Rant over lol. I looked at a black one in Banbury it was shockingly bad. Almost went for a silver one but then this one started to reply to my calls so snapped it up. I think the blue, silver & probably even more rare yellow look nice. The black hides the cuts in bumper too much. Go for the right car, I wouldn't worry bout the colour too much.

Just down the road near Reading Wozza. Sorry no mechanical knowledge as such. Anyone? Bueller?
Was thinking about TerraClean at Grease Junkie in Bracknell (Ed China's place).

Re Exhausts - Typically Milltek can take up to 4 weeks to deliver and its not a straight fwd fit as the exhaust tips will protrude to far for the DTM.
I have an 034 Motorsports High Flow Cat fitted onto the standard exhaust. Does make a lovely sound but be warned, the car can fail on emissions when the MOT is due.
Got a quote for £650 from powerflow in Slough all fitted inc VAT. Not sure what they're like tho. I'm gonna hold off the exhaust until last mod on stage 2+

Yep I know what you mean. I've never seen a yellow one let alone one for sale.

Blue or silver for me as I swore I'd never buy another black car again. Too many swirl marks!

I actually quite fancy Rambodtm's silver one which is for sale on here. Properly sorted car but a bit out of my price range and its at the other side of the country.

Got a quote for £650 from powerflow in Slough all fitted inc VAT. Not sure what they're like tho. I'm gonna hold off the exhaust until last mod on stage 2+

Hi WozzaDTM, I am in Berkshire (Bracknell) if you would like some advice I could always help you I have owned DTMs and have a lot of experience with them and have helped many DTM owners. I sold my sprint blue DTM a few months to a forum member on here.

There is 3 DTM to my knowledge in my area and I know 2 of the owners and frequently in touch with one of them . Both are on this forum. But I am sure if you have looked through the forum you will have seen I have made many posts.

If I start off suggesting with the terra clean don't waste your time or money. Secondly with regards to the exhaust the stock system is good for around 270-300hp. The miltek system is a waste of money its just over priced metal even thou people will disagree. Custom would be the way to go. Powerflow isn't bad again had a lot of experience with them. I would suggest you have a good idea of what you want prior to getting a customer system as there systems are very boomy. The negatives with powerflow is that some of the dealers have really poor welders and they get a lot of negative feedback. I fitted a powerflow system to a Toyota back in 2003 and its still going strong. So purefly depends on where you go.

Just curious you changed the oil yourself which oil did you replace it with?

Feel free to PM me if need any help or advice.

Last edited:

Blue or silver for me as I swore I'd never buy another black car again. Too many swirl marks!

I actually quite fancy Rambodtm's silver one which is for sale on here. Properly sorted car but a bit out of my price range and its at the other side of the country.

The yellow ones are rare. They do come up for sale but not very often and when they do they have a price tag its the one Audi , Audi will sell on there floor court as they don't generally keep cars on the floor older than 4 years old.

And your point is very valid the black does show imperfections in the paint but it is Audi paint so it is hard and if the paint is corrected it will look fantastic but does require a lot more maintenance than say a silver or sprint blue one.

I am actually seeing RamdoDTM next week. But I can honestly vouch for his vehicle its had a lot of money spent on it and even thou it has a higher price tag I can assure you the journey you would make there you would be driving it home. He is a reasonable guy so msg him and maybe you can work something out . I know for sure if I was in the market for a DTM I would buy it.

Hi WozzaDTM, I am in Berkshire (Bracknell) if you would like some advice I could always help you I have owned DTMs and have a lot of experience with them and have helped many DTM owners. I sold my sprint blue DTM a few months to a forum member on here.

There is 3 DTM to my knowledge in my area and I know 2 of the owners and frequently in touch with one of them . Both are on this forum. But I am sure if you have looked through the forum you will have seen I have made many posts.

If I start off suggesting with the terra clean don't waste your time or money. Secondly with regards to the exhaust the stock system is good for around 270-300hp. The miltek system is a waste of money its just over priced metal even thou people will disagree. Custom would be the way to go. Powerflow isn't bad again had a lot of experience with them. I would suggest you have a good idea of what you want prior to getting a customer system as there systems are very boomy. The negatives with powerflow is that some of the dealers have really poor welders and they get a lot of negative feedback. I fitted a powerflow system to a Toyota back in 2003 and its still going strong. So purefly depends on where you go.

Thanks in replying Gio, I know people sell on their cars & stop using the forums. So it's nice to have you still helping new owners out.

My car is currently running a decat, k&n panel filter & AVO tuning remap (CEL delete). I want to get to stage 2+, so I think I'm right in assuming I should only require a HPFP & an intercooler. I that's correct what fmic do you suggest?

What do you think about the PCV delete & catch can setups, are they worth doing? I personally don't mind fitting pcv delete but I don't like the sound of a smelly catch can lol.

I'm actually considering the hydrogen carbon clean, looking through this forum there's been positive results. I've heard terraclean is not for tfsi engines.

On the oil change I used 5w40 quantum. The reason for changing is TPS recommend changing up when the car nears 100k, I'm not there yet but close enough. Also R-tech also mention to switch up on modified cars. Although I'm slightly modified now I do hope to go to K04 when finances allow. I want to get to stage 2+ first & then concentrate on s4 brakes, exhaust & CAI purely for noise & looks. I hope I haven't made a mistake switching oil grades.

Thanks for your help!

Gio has there ever been a DTM meet of any kind? I know from reading your old posts that u have a lot of info on DTMs. It would be cool if maybe spring next year we could organise a meet & maybe get some magazines in on it, just a thought.

Just had a read through Rambo's DTM. I wish I could buy that car it's had all the work that i would want doing to mine. Mate I think you should go for it, you'd be saving yourself loads of money by buying a car already at those specs. I'm jealous now lol.

Yes mate. How's your car? Keep in touch & let us know about any mods or faults, we're here to help each other out. Cheers

car is good mate, had to do a few things to it.

changed the tyres from winter ones to conti sport 3. picked them up for a bargin. £280 for all for with only 30 miles on them
replaced the front wheel bearing

but there is this knocking. when i go left then right it knocks. sounds like its coming from under my feet but then if i go right right right, its ok when i go left left left its ok. but only when i go left then right. i need help to find out what it is cos i cant enjoy the car as much as i want to

oh and a clonking noise when i brake. again help please.

other that that all good.

Btw wozza. wana pm me your number

changed the tyres from winter ones to conti sport 3. picked them up for a bargin. £280 for all for with only 30 miles on them

but there is this knocking. when i go left then right it knocks. sounds like its coming from under my feet but then if i go right right right, its ok when i go left left left its ok. but only when i go left then right. i need help to find out what it is cos i cant enjoy the car as much as i want to

I can only think it would be ball joints, engine mounts or some other suspension part. Does the noise only come from one side? Did it only start happening after the wheel bearing was replaced? Or maybe when you had the tyres fitted? Take it to a decent audi independent, they shouldn't charge to diagnose it.

Somebody else may be able to help if you start a thread in the b7 forum.

I'll pm ya

It wont let me upload pics of the exhaust ill keep trying though

It wont let me upload pics of the exhaust ill keep trying though
No worries dude, I saw the tips on Jetex Facebook. I think an exhaust will be one of the last mods I'll do. Next up is a carbon clean, I'll post the results. Take it easy fella!

No worries dude, I saw the tips on Jetex Facebook. I think an exhaust will be one of the last mods I'll do. Next up is a carbon clean, I'll post the results. Take it easy fella!
Whats ur opinion on the tips? Ive left the centres dirty so its black and looks like its 1 big oval...im not keen on the tips but i wasnt spending double the amount just for different tips lol. How come exhaust is last thing ur going to do? And yeah please do it will be interesting to see results :)

Exhaust is not gonna make a difference to overall power, it will sound, look nice & improve the flow of gasses. I already have a de-cat which is the restrictive part on our system. If money was no object id get it all done in any order but me & money don't like each other so I'll prioritise performance mods that make a difference first.

The tips I see in the Facebook picture look like they stick out a bit. I've read even the milltek system doesn't sit right, you gotta chop & weld maybe even add brackets for them to sit right. I think I'll go down the custom route when it's time.

Hey Sonny,

Sorry to hear you having these issues.

I can suggest that usually the knocking you refering to can be the front lower rear bush that can cause the knocking as there is a knock plate in place that when the bush it is worn and it will knock against it. And usually this can be felt by your feet kinda like a shock effect/feeling. "refer to the image uploaded and look and no 4. This bush sits under ur feet/pedals.

As for the clonk you getting when you brake. Depending on the direction you are going I presume in a forwards direction usually. The caliper bolts can be checked as well as the caliper clips they can also cause this.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• arm.png
    arm.png
    852.3 KB · Views: 253
Well it depends how you go about it. You can replace the entire arm with a Audi or lemforder part which I cant recall off hand the price. Or u can remove the arm and push the bush out. Which will be a cheaper option.

I want that front grille of yours Sonny. Did you make it yourself ?

hey tooty fruity

i bought it like that. i still need to put the badge on it but ill do that when i take the bumper off.

coilovers have been bought and more plans on the way.

i cant wait to get it back from audi

DTM FRONT BADGE DTM REAR BADGE
@Ritusmaximum
Looks nice and clean in white. I have but one minor suggestion. Try and find a proper DTM badge for the rear. I know they are expensive (I'm after one to embed into my steering wheel) but would finish off the rear end perfectly .

Hi jaybv6

Just re reading the Forum pages, came back across this item.

Better late than never, now badged up!!!!:friendly wink:

I thought i was 100% on only an S line grille being a direct replacement for the DTM grille. So a special edition black S line grille would clip straight in.. after the bumper being removed of course.
Can someone confirm?
Gio, im sure you know the answer.
Tx.

I thought i was 100% on only an S line grille being a direct replacement for the DTM grille. So a special edition black S line grille would clip straight in.. after the bumper being removed of course.
Can someone confirm?
Gio, im sure you know the answer.
Tx.

The DTM bumper only takes the SE grill. If you look on eBay. 201371164740 I have something like this

Hi everyone had the new clutch put in yesterday and it feels like an absolute animal now so much punch right from the get go 100% recommend....looks stunning in white very jealous lol

Hi everyone had the new clutch put in yesterday and it feels like an absolute animal now so much punch right from the get go 100% recommend....looks stunning in white very jealous lol
Good job man. What clutch did u go for in the end?

That was everything i ordered and had fitted...changed the car completely i was amazed it changed it so much

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-16-18-03-18.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-16-18-03-18.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 189
Hi guys, please redirect me if this is purely a register... As I do not yet own a dtm. However if in the correct place, am looking...
Does any body have any particular pointers for these vehicles, or is it literally read this entire thread? Lol.
One thing I would like to ask... Does the bonnet always look like its 'off the latch' ? As in you have pulled the lever and that is all?
Any help comments would be greatly appreciated...