DTM register / owners thread

Just purchased new grille. !
View attachment 80566

Reactions: j18fxy
How much were they off chance as they do look alot better i think?

doenst seem too bad. my standard ones have been quite slippery and those ones do make it look nicer!

Reactions: WozzaAK
doenst seem too bad. my standard ones have been quite slippery and those ones do make it look nicer!
Kinda expensive if you consider a single rubber pad can be had from £3, but you do get bragging rights as an RS4 mod, cool looks & I suppose more grip when wearing wet shoes. That's gotta be an easy 5-10 bhp increase lmfao

Kinda expensive if you consider a single rubber pad can be had from £3, but you do get bragging rights as an RS4 mod, cool looks & I suppose more grip when wearing wet shoes. That's gotta be an easy 5-10 bhp increase lmfao

I've had mine in a box for 9 months now. Fitted the dead pedal (easy) but never got around to fitting the other three. Seeing yours and clear proof of the 5-10bhp increase has reminded me to do them ASAP.

Next question to all of you lucky DTM owners...

I've just bought a DTM bumper but it's missing the washer jet covers. Would anyone know the part numbers by any chance?

Yeah dude get your pedals on, looks the business. Take a pan with boiling water with you to the car, that way while your fitting one the others are still loosening up. Also use hairspray/wd-40 on the pedal & back of pedal pad. Use your fingers to lift the rubbers & get the top or bottom in completely & twist & push the other end on, it will go.

I'm not sure on part numbers but I always ring TPS. That way I get a price & also correct part numbers that may have been revised.

Good luck

my mate does hydro dipping.

i was thinking of dipping the grill and the mirror covers in carbon.

what do you guys think?

also does the rear diffuser come off? id like to do this too

my mate does hydro dipping.

i was thinking of dipping the grill and the mirror covers in carbon.

what do you guys think?

also does the rear diffuser come off? id like to do this too

The mirrors would look good. Thou the black mirrors does make it unique as the common mod is to put the s4 chrome/mirrors on.

As for the rear lower diffuser yet it comes off. And if you look at it, its actually a lot easier to take off than you may think :)

New mats arrived today

Attachments

• 20160225_142609.jpg
    20160225_142609.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 261
Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
The mirrors would look good. Thou the black mirrors does make it unique as the common mod is to put the s4 chrome/mirrors on.

As for the rear lower diffuser yet it comes off. And if you look at it, its actually a lot easier to take off than you may think :)

how does it come off Gio.

it loos like one piece

Also what's the quality like compared to the oem, is the thickness of carpet similar? They do look nice!
Quailty is good they feel thick and just as good as the oem. Only thing i didnt no when i got them is the pad on drivers mat is just stitched onto the top of the mat and isnt just a really thick bit of carpet if you see what im trying to say ☺

Attachments

• 20160228_104655.jpg
    20160228_104655.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 298
  • 20160228_104655.jpg
    20160228_104655.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 246
Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
+1 also interested in the new grill and how much it was Tooty_Fruity. I'm gonna get rid of the chrome on my DTM as I'm not over keen on it. Also trying to find some decent badges in carbon.

Cheers bud. I've been a bit absent due to work and stuff so just catching up. Need to buy a few bits for the DTM.

Do you have a link to where you bought the grille from?

Also need to source the carbon front and rear badges.

Once the weather gets better I'm having the bumper off to look at redoing the pipe work on my FMIC.

how does it come off Gio.

it loos like one piece
From what I can tell its held on with a few torx bolts. I want to take mine off to get a mould taken with the view of making a Carbon fibre version.

Hi I need some help to determine what type of wiring kit I need.

I have. 2005 b7 Dtm with symphony stereo cd changer & tape deck. I have Bose badges on all the speakers. Do I have a half amp or full amp, also do I have ISO connection or quadlock?

I have tried to remove stereo before but I think the locking tabs maybe damaged.

Thanks

You have a full amplified bose system you wont have a quadlock...well i didnt and i have a symphony 2... ill take a pic and post it and ill post a pic of the cables i needed to buy extra

Only used the red block connector and took out the 2 green cables out of the audi plugs and put them in the same place in the red plug and that turned my amp on but still having issues with my radio so im using internet radio at the mo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-08-16-56-06.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-08-16-56-06.png
    239.4 KB · Views: 218
Only used the red block connector and took out the 2 green cables out of the audi plugs and put them in the same place in the red plug and that turned my amp on but still having issues with my radio so im using internet radio at the mo.
Cheers j,

The guy who's gonna fit the stereo is based an hour away so I was hoping to get the right connections otherwise it's gonna be a lot of petrol wasted. I was gonna get someone closer to fit it but this guy knows his Audi/VW. He did say fully amped with ISO. I just needed confirmation from someone who's got the same car or someone who knows for deffo.

Did you buy a fitting kit? i.e cage, trim surround & leads. I know you said you get distortion, I'm hoping this guy knows how to get around it all first time round. Keep us posted on your install & i will do the same.

I got a few little style mods coming through the post. I'll post pics once they come. The Devils in the detail lol! Chat soon buddy

Ive ordered a set of these..ebay number 252307253937.....so will let u no if they work should hopefully be here tomoro or thurs. No cage trim or surround needed for mine not to sure with yours and when ive got the stereo back out ill take a pic of the cables at the back.

Yeah please do will be interesting if u get the same problems or different or no problems.

What you been ordering you cant leave us waiting lol

Heres the back and cables for my HU all works still get a tiny bit of interference but can only heat it when music is muted its that quiet.

Hope they help

Attachments

• 20160310_144347.jpg
    20160310_144347.jpg
    1,017.7 KB · Views: 230
  • 20160310_144302.jpg
    20160310_144302.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 227
  • 20160310_144217.jpg
    20160310_144217.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 231
Reactions: WozzaAK