DTUK experiences?

Dan,

I maybe in touch tomorrow regarding our pms, I think you'll be rather impressed with this little gadget ;)

Hey,

Sounds good to me, just give me a shout! Looking forward to trying it and letting you know my thoughts. :)

Hi guys, a very kind Andy was happy to do business at 10pm last night so I actually made an order for one of these kits for my A4 2.0 TDI 177PS.

Cheers Andy, you are a dedicated man!

What I would like to know is the best setting to give the extra punch when you need it, but gives improved mpg also

Cheers, steve

Hi guys, a very kind Andy was happy to do business at 10pm last night so I actually made an order for one of these kits for my A4 2.0 TDI 177PS.

Cheers Andy, you are a dedicated man!

What I would like to know is the best setting to give the extra punch when you need it, but gives improved mpg also

Cheers, steve

Yup, customer care is immense!

I have mine set on map 1, +2 and apart from it seeming to limit the torque in first gear the pull is epic! I do mainly to and from work in traffic so haven't seen much difference in mpg but hopefully will see some good economy on Sunday when I head down to the meet in Edinburgh. :)

Dans is a 3.0 245ps ;)

My q7 does the same dan, then takes off like a scalded cat :)

Steve,

You'res is in the post, and should be there tomorrow before 1pm

Did some quite extensive testing with maps 1 and 2 today and it turns out all I can run reliably is map 1 - 0 and 1 and map 2 - 0. Anything else and I get the dreaded management light - which first came on with a car full of kids and a boot full of Ikea and since then has cropped up after every few miles on the other maps. ****, by far my favourite map was 2 + 2.

So, my question is with the lower maps is the peak output just the same and the other maps just shift the curves?

The red curve relates to the extra fuelling, the yellow is the boost.

I can't visualise the maps at present , but the higher the curve, the higher the power.

Have you tried maps 3 and 4 as well as 1 and 2?

3.0 as per the sig. I'll try 3 and 4 next time I get chance to do some decent testing.

Sorry I'm using tapatalk so can't see your siggie :)

Looking at the maps, assuming the four maps relate to map 1,2,3,4, the highest map (fuelling and boost) is in fact map 2 - which is the one that triggered the first mgmt light. Are the lines as map n + zero and then the + n jumpers used to increase the base of that particular map?
I might give you a call this week, probably easier on the phone.

Looking at the maps, assuming the four maps relate to map 1,2,3,4, the highest map (fuelling and boost) is in fact map 2 - which is the one that triggered the first mgmt light. Are the lines as map n + zero and then the + n jumpers used to increase the base of that particular map?
I might give you a call this week, probably easier on the phone.

Huh, I was sure from the document that came with mine that map 3 was the highest fuelling without going '+' anything? I've only run map 1 on 0, +1 and +2 and then map 3 on 0. Haven't had the management light come on yet though...

From top to bottom the only fuelling graph that goes above 0.6 is the seocnd one (map 2?) and the only boost that goes overhalfway to 0.4 is also the seond one.

Dan, the 245ps files are different to the 240ps variants

Dan, the 245ps files are different to the 240ps variants

That would make sense then! Would help if we were talking about the same thing! Haha. My map 3 sounds like the equivalent if your map 2 and I never altered plus or minus so never saw any errors...

If I get chance tomorrow ill post a copy if the graphs on this thread :)

Looking at those it's no wonder we were confusing each other! Haha. I think that I might switch to map 1 on that note but keep the +2 and it might smooth out the delivery a bit because on the way to the Edinburgh meet I found that the cruise control was very on/off. I'm assuming it's because it was sitting at about 1600 rpm so right on boost coming on and just using more throttle than it needed but not realising. Maybe the map change will help. :)

Mine's getting worse, I might take it off and see whether it's an actual problem elsewhere on the car. Got overtaken on a hill this morning as I couldn't get above 40 mph

Put the blanking plug in, and where abouts have you located the module itself?

I must admit I'm struggling to notice anything significant. I've tried map 1, 2, 3 on normal and plus 1. Tried map 2 plus 2 got the engine mgmt light - map 3 plus 1 seem liked the car had more pull 90 - 120 but this could have been because I don't usually go these speeds and to be fair if it did have more pull I wouldn't be going that quick very often.

After a long drive yesterday on map 3 plus 1 I got 35 - 40 mpg this no different from standard, with no difference in performance.

Late on feeling a bit gutted about the box i snuck out (ms doesnt know) and tried map 1 plus 2 this seemed to be what I was after - good pull low down and very smooth delivery, 60 plus came very quick and mpg didn't go down by much to say I was driving enthusiastically ( like 1), but took the box off today and tbh I didn't really notice much difference, this was a journey 40 miles round trip with me giving it some, same performance same mpg.

Maybe Andrew can shed some light on this, what should we be actually getting, where should we notice the extra power - Are we expecting too much. In terms of 20 - 40 % power increase and 20 % fuel ecconmy, I haven't seen this on any map I've tried.

I'll try map 4 - see if this improves anything.

Last edited:
Richie,

The 3,0s do have a torque limiter which does restrict the low down improvements, we ran. 3.0 A5 (manual) and a 3.0 A6 (auto) thus last year, and have tuned over 100 3,0s in the last 12 months, and the difference should be noticeable.

If you can email me photos of the installation and also the location of the module, just in case something is a miss.

I've also seen customers mis understand the module instructions and actually add the jumpers in the wrong place, finally (very rare) there maybe am issue with the box

I used to use maps 2 and 4, map 3 is a file that had been used (common rail only) on the 3,0 engine for the last 5 years. Map 4 was originally used on the Porsche cayenne 3,0 (common rail plus boost), and map 1 is the latest file just released by DTE in Germany.

Regarding the fitting, was the boost sensor awkward to get to?

Hi Andrew,

I will email some photos in the morning, the box is directly behind the passenger head light housing.

As for the instructions these are fairly accurate so I would say the jumpers are going in the right place - this backed up by the fact as soon as I went map 2 plus 2 I got the engine mgmt light. I did notice little differences in the car but struggled performance wise.

Richie,

The 3,0s do have a torque limiter which does restrict the low down improvements, we ran. 3.0 A5 (manual) and a 3.0 A6 (auto) thus last year, and have tuned over 100 3,0s in the last 12 months, and the difference should be noticeable.

If you can email me photos of the installation and also the location of the module, just in case something is a miss.

I've also seen customers mis understand the module instructions and actually add the jumpers in the wrong place, finally (very rare) there maybe am issue with the box

I used to use maps 2 and 4, map 3 is a file that had been used (common rail only) on the 3,0 engine for the last 5 years. Map 4 was originally used on the Porsche cayenne 3,0 (common rail plus boost), and map 1 is the latest file just released by DTE in Germany.

Regarding the fitting, was the boost sensor awkward to get to?

My box has a date sticker on the actual chip board is this relevant in regards to your last comment about map 1 Being the latest file just been released.

Fairly, first time I was being carful - 2 screws out of the passenger inner arch, which had to be peeled quite far back, pulled it out with 1 hand but needed 2 to clip it back together this was the awkward bit, few grunts! Had to take it out again so This time I just stuck my hand through the arch while standing over the bonnet this was a little easier.

Im going to try map 1 plus 2 again & map 4 and see if I notice anything, what should I be expecting from map 4.

Cheers.

The sticker doesn't mean anything, Germany is always (like us) releasing new files so pick a selection of the best/latest

Map 4 starts a little earlier, another problem is that the 3.0 is very linear in its power delivery, my q7 (245ps) is still pretty jaggy in low revs, but then kicks off like a scolded cat at 2000 rpm

I've been using map 1 on plus 2 which us the same as map 1 on the 240PS

Map 4 starts a little earlier, another problem is that the 3.0 is very linear in its power delivery, my q7 (245ps) is still pretty jaggy in low revs, but then kicks off like a scolded cat at 2000 rpm

I've been using map 1 on plus 2 which us the same as map 1 on the 240PS

Yeah I do find that the delivery is completely different to previous turbo petrol cars I've owned. The torque builds up quickly and just sits on a fairly decent plateau so you don't feel like you're still accelerating the same until you watch the speedo winding round a lot quicker than it should be!

Think that I might switch to map 1, +2 as I think the delivery might be a bit smoother than map 2, +2. You think that I could go up to +3 without any errors if I get bored of +2 Andrew? :)

Dan,

Where the basic file is stronger (higher graph) you have less movement with the plus 1s etc

If you compare map 4 to map 1, map 4 is a lot higher so us already adding more to the car

Dan,

Where the basic file is stronger (higher graph) you have less movement with the plus 1s etc

If you compare map 4 to map 1, map 4 is a lot higher so us already adding more to the car

Gotcha! Cheers as always. :)

Think of tuning as a set of goal posts, but were not exactly sure of the width or height of them, a lot of it is trial and error as every car is different

Turn the box up too high, you hit the cross bar and see an engine management light

Think of tuning as a set of goal posts, but were not exactly sure of the width or height of them, a lot of it is trial and error as every car is different

Turn the box up too high, you hit the cross bar and see an engine management light

Don't tell the wife what i really paid for the box or i will score a big own goal:redface:

Andy, can you confirm, the documentation that comes with the box says it is pre-set for optimum for the car. It is currently set to map3+0. I havent had time to fit it yet, will have a crack on thursday and wanted to make sure i dont have to change anything beforehand.

The 2,0 systems are all set to map 2, not map 3.

As I've said, every car is different and it's good to try all 4 maps for yourself.

Always start on zero, then work up in stages to plus one, then plus 2

Until 2 months ago, Map 3 on plus 1 or 2 was the preferred map and was dynod at 210 on our 170 Leon.

Map 2 is a new file and I've had a lot of feedback from customers using map 2 on plus 2 who are seeing significant gains in fuel, the latest being a seat Alhambra driver

The 2,0 systems are all set to map 2, not map 3.

As I've said, every car is different and it's good to try all 4 maps for yourself.

Always start on zero, then work up in stages to plus one, then plus 2

IMAG0896

IMAG0895

That is definately map3,0

Well ill kick Callum's **** tomorrow as that is map 3 ;) but our picking notes state map 2 (the new file) as customers are mentioning fuel economy more and more