DTUK MP-T tuning box with app control

Ok but what tuning box company does, a very difficult and long task that would take along time...

I’m in agreement with you, I think provided the instructions are included then doing a video for every single vehicle is excessive for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Keef and cuke2u
The enclosed instructions are easily enough to go on. I have installed two boxes now on different cars and even a blind person with both hands tied behind their back could do it. Any qustions just ask them, andrew is always happy to text you answers and pictures...

And even impromptu videos at all hours

Reactions: cuke2u and Keef
Perhaps only android?
Screenshot 20181006 111457 Google Play Store

Reactions: NevMan
I am also put off by the installation. I am quite good at DIY and have taken tumble dryers apart etc to fix them but the thought of mucking about with such an expensive engine makes me sweat. I assume everyone is waiting for their warranty to expire before doing this

the fact that they do not have an video installation guide is also off putting as that seems pretty amateurish

we offer kits for several 1000 vehicles and offering an install video for each and every vehicle is impossible.

But for the S4 you can check our this video from our guys In the USA :)

I am also put off by the installation. I am quite good at DIY and have taken tumble dryers apart etc to fix them but the thought of mucking about with such an expensive engine makes me sweat. I assume everyone is waiting for their warranty to expire before doing this the fact that they do not have an video installation guide is also off putting as that seems pretty amateurish
I am old, technically challenged and definitely not DIY savvy. Am 12,00 miles away and also ask the dumbest questions on the planet.
When installing I asked DTUK questions online and even sent photos as I was not sure. They answered my queries, including returning my photo with circles around the particular connection in question. Absolutely brilliant service!!!
My unit was fitted within its first year, removed/reinstalled before/after the first year service with no problem.

Reactions: cuke2u, paul wev, NevMan and 1 other person
I am old, technically challenged and definitely not DIY savvy. Am 12,00 miles away and also ask the dumbest questions on the planet.
When installing I asked DTUK questions online and even sent photos as I was not sure. They answered my queries, including returning my photo with circles around the particular connection in question. Absolutely brilliant service!!!
My unit was fitted within its first year, removed/reinstalled before/after the first year service with no problem.

I second the above, old too
Also had photos returned with circles and details where to run harness. Top top service from these guys

Reactions: SMI77 and cuke2u
we like drawing circles on photos :)

Reactions: SMI77, cuke2u and NevMan
on a serious note, we do have a small number of S4/S5/SQ5 its available that I can offer with the bluetooth upgrade thrown in at no extra charge ( usually 50.00) Also if anyone has bought a TCU+ in the last 4-5 weeks and is after a box then drop me a PM ( or drop me a text on 07977466007 sometimes easier when running after the 4 kids) as I can offer some additional discount over and above whats mentioned above :) -

Reactions: NevMan and Keef
@ABYSS
Hi Andrew, can you DM me a quick note on what sort of discount you’re think on??

...reminds me to post on the TCU+ thread !

Ps i’ll Need lots of photos with circles

Cheers
Keef

Reactions: Daggerit and NevMan
How about offering me a £50 refund on my bluetooth app Andrew ;-)

@ABYSS
Hi Andrew, can you DM me a quick note on what sort of discount you’re think on??

...reminds me to post on the TCU+ thread !

Ps i’ll Need lots of photos with circles

Cheers
Keef

I'm sure that you'll manage without too many circles. :) There's only three plugs, the cam sensor is the only one that you might need a circle for and that's only because it's a little bit obscurely placed. Once you know where it is then you'll find it every time, just the first time can be a bit daunting. Lol.

Reactions: SMI77, NevMan and Keef
Cheers @Daggerit

its not so much the plugs...i can do plugs - it the cable rotuing and my OCD that'll be my issue

Reactions: NevMan and Daggerit
Cheers @Daggerit

its not so much the plugs...i can do plugs - it the cable rotuing and my OCD that'll be my issue

Just need to ensure there is no slack in the cables. I made that mistake and melted one on manifold . I then got a nice colour diagram from the chaps suggesting better place for box (other side) and cable route
ee56a0d302499f9da6ea674a7707e72f.jpg

Reactions: Keef
That’s exactly the sort of image I need....just for the S4

Reactions: NevMan and Daggerit
You get almost exactly that in the installation documentation.

Reactions: SMI77 and Keef
Just need to ensure there is no slack in the cables. I made that mistake and melted one on manifold . I then got a nice colour diagram from the chaps suggesting better place for box (other side) and cable route
Mine is also on the other side, above where the circle is, on the bar that goes to the bulkhead from the top suspension mount, and the position of the ECU seems to be slightly different in the A4's..

Last edited:
The suggested cable routing diagram is different to the above on the S4 and I didn’t have any issues apart from the amount of slack on the cables that just need tucking away and securing. I’ve checked a few times and no issues with the cable being near any heat source and risk of melting.

cheers for the video - seems very easy to fit. Now need to weigh up do i wait for my warranty to expire first.

You get almost exactly that in the installation documentation.
Guys, you are completely over-thinking it. As @Daggerit says, 3 connections, 2 are as per the docs and are high in front of the motor - no-brainer.
The third (cam sensor) is a little more difficult, made so much easier with this photo which has the DTUK official circle to assist.
My unit is in probably the most popular place, nestled between the ECU & kerbside chassis brace. Once you see where the sensors are, routing the cables neat & tidy is just commonsense.
Buy it, fit it = you'll wonder what all the fuss was about, and, enjoy the fruits of your labour/wallet.

Audi DTUK cam sensor Oct 18
Yes, that is a white file blade in the photo. I used it as a pointer when I sent it to DTUK to confirm the cam sensor. This is their reply photo, complete with obligatory circle. This was in an email, which I could only transfer to save as a word doc. Audi-Sport will not accept a word doc., so I printed, scanned as JPEG, then OK as an attachment. Sorry for the rant, but I am stunned and amazed that I did that on my own. Back to the Bundy rum & Coke!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Keef, cuke2u and 1 other person
Well I’m in, already ordered! Thanks for all the info guys

Reactions: NevMan, cuke2u, Riko0073 and 1 other person
cheers for the video - seems very easy to fit. Now need to weigh up do i wait for my warranty to expire first.

That was the whole point I went for the tuning box in the 1st place, and not a map, as easily removed with no trace= no warranty issues. Even use Velcro ties instead of cable ties, so in worst case scenario I take it out whilst waiting for Audi Assistance...probably take out before ringing them or hitting button

Reactions: paul wev and cuke2u
That was the whole point I went for the tuning box in the 1st place, and not a map, as easily removed with no trace= no warranty issues. Even use Velcro ties instead of cable ties, so in worst case scenario I take it out whilst waiting for Audi Assistance...probably take out before ringing them or hitting button

Agreed. Mine has been in a couple times for warranty stuff since fitting the box. Removed each time and nothing has been said and all warranty work honoured.

That’s exactly the sort of image I need....just for the S4

If you want exactly that @Keef, whilst you wait for your box to arrive, remove engine cover and take picture and send to the guys, they will then draw on and send back. As others have said the install docs are pretty thorough to be fair, the issue I had was I got help from a colleague who had done it before, and seemed to think the cables were all fine. Was only a week later when I got a start/stop disabled message on screen that I then checked. And found cable near the manifold and melted. £70 later for new harness I have made sure all slack is taken up but also upon their suggestion moved the box to the other side near ecu, as the cam sensor cable is the longest. I was so nervous about cable melting again I fixed against strut by bulkhead but @ABYSS suggested that was not a good idea. So removed and again any slack was taken up.

There's a printed version of exactly that in the installation papers. Top of the engine with coloured lines drawn to show recommended routing and plug placement. :)

@q5man you lost me at ‘remove engine cover’??
Only kidding, I’m sure i’ll be fine with all the helpful info on this thread

Reactions: paul wev and NevMan
There's a printed version of exactly that in the installation papers. Top of the engine with coloured lines drawn to show recommended routing and plug placement. :)

Very true, however whilst the diagrams show the sensor locations and how to connect, does not show a) route of cables b) ideal tuning box location. Both of these would vary by model, which is most probably why they don’t include by default. As many have said it really is common sense, but when I originally put mine in, I had read that for Bluetooth to work from app, box needed to be near driver side, hence why I mounted on the other side, but that then made the camshaft sensor cable even longer (it is the longest one anyway)

3904282964aaeefe5b9ca19c0f41b3ac.jpg

Very true, however whilst the diagrams show the sensor locations and how to connect, does not show a) route of cables b) ideal tuning box location. Both of these would vary by model, which is most probably why they don’t include by default. As many have said it really is common sense, but when I originally put mine in, I had read that for Bluetooth to work from app, box needed to be near driver side, hence why I mounted on the other side, but that then made the camshaft sensor cable even longer (it is the longest one anyway)

3904282964aaeefe5b9ca19c0f41b3ac.jpg

The S4 version does though.

Reactions: Riko0073, Keef and NevMan
Got work all day tomorrow, but hoping to get this installed on Sunday, I’m excited now

Reactions: Riko0073, Daggerit, cuke2u and 1 other person
Go on then @ABYSS send me a pm with the best price for the tuning box on a s4 and I'll give you a ring Monday to get one ordered (price depending)