Facelift DTUK Pedalbox+ review

Errr yes as it improves the ‘feel’ no end.

But yours is remapped anyway isn’t it?
So isn’t throttle Responce altered anyway to give better drive ability ?
Yes, mine is mapped. Haven't noticed too much change to the throttle mapping but assume it must have been.

I'm not criticising the pedal box. It sounds great. I just can't understand how it can make a car feel so much faster when the power output isn't changed!

You are right, the pedal box does not add anything to the engine. All it does is, as you say, make the car feel better as it seems to overcome the built in inherent lag to rev these engines in common with BMW and MB, and it tightens up the pedal response so that all one needs to do is touch the pedal compared to before where one had the throttle half way to the floor.

Believe me, it is one good addition to a car. I was a worse sceptic than you quietly laughing at everyone who shelled out for some snakeoil, but I soon changed my tune once I had one fitted!

I have said elsewhere, that with the pedal box it is like going back to the old days driving a powerful engine connected by a well adjusted throttle cable, the response is instant.

Reactions: D0C
My opinion is that The oem pedal has been overly emphasised for fuel economy on the EU testing cycle rather than drive ability in real world driving.

For example the pedal in Comfort is less responsive than in Dynamic. The pedal box greatly improves on this and makes the car more like a modern normally aspirated one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I can confirm, using the PedalBox is buggering up what was already poor economy :)

It is great. We need to make sure that all new forumers are told to make sure they:

• Get a Sports Exahust
  • Get a PedalBox
  • Get Super Sports Seats
  • Do NOT read @AudiNutta 's hourly update posts, over a whole year, whilst he was waiting for his car :)

Reactions: AudiNutta, DW81 and teslaboy
Folks I have my Pedal Box for sale for the RS3 8V, pre face lift. Retails at £179. Selling for £120 posted.

Great opportunity to experience this cheap plug and play yet very effective mod. (Only selling because I got the the Pedal Box+, but not noticed much difference).

Got one and fitted today...

THIS is the car I was expecting!

Totally changed the drive experience and is more what I was looking for.
Simple to fit and coiled the cable and hidden the unit behind the panel to the right of the pedals, perfect.

Started at Sport - 3 and settled for minus 2.
It's a different car and highly recommend this product..

For some who has never looked into a pedal box, and not really aware of what it can do? Can you give me a quick “pedal box for dummies” description please?

Also how is one fitted?

Cheers

Just read the thread bud, it's all there plus look on YouTube how to fit a pedal box.. :thumbs up:

Reactions: Phil3
They are simple plug and play. By the pedal there are two multi plugs. You attach them to the pedal box controller, and the multi plugs from the pedal box to the ones on the car.

14cafec7ef80ef0ae713660d8375cc1a.jpg

I have this one for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find the accelerator pedal jerky making the car not smooth especially at lower speeds

Will this pedal box help

As I said, for me it's transformed the car and made it how it should be from the factory.
I had a good drive yesterday to give it a thorough test and I found it perfect in all situations which included a dawdle along a heavily congested Cleethorpes seafront.
A great bit of kit..

I struggle to see how this thing improves driving? If you want to drive fast you pin the throttle if you want to chill then the standard throttle mapping is perfect?

I struggle to see how this thing improves driving? If you want to drive fast you pin the throttle if you want to chill then the standard throttle mapping is perfect?

This is my line of thinking too... but it seem that 9/10 reviews really rave about them

Guys.
Maybe it's how you drive and what you're used to.
I rode bikes for years, bikes with a quick action throttle and as standard, I found the car hesitant and wanting when first applying the throttle.
I don't believe anyone on this site drives or can drive an RS3 to the max all the time so for us mere mortals who defiantly can't and don't initial response is poor.
For me, it's transformed the car. I press, I go.
Simple....

Reactions: JamesBaby and Phil3
Gents .

I'm selling my Pedal Box as I'm having a map done next week so if anyone is interested it's up for sale at £150.00 delivered to the UK.

Get in touch if interested please, thanks.

Hi all,

FYI I’m selling my pedal box + for £159 inc delivery for the facelift rs3 as due to unfortunate circumstances I had to sell my car.

It’s like new and comes complete with the original box etc. Photos are in the available in the for sale section.

Many thanks,

Steve

Sorry to revive this thread after nearly 3 years!! I have a facelift saloon and have recently gone stage 1 MRC, I love it but I still feel the throttle response is laggy. Will it be worth while going for one with it being tuned already?