DTUK tuning box - remove or not?

juddster

Reaction score
  • I have. DTUK tuning box on my 1.4 COD which is fantastic. I now have the option to take my Audi in for its free 18 month check.
  • Should I remove the DTUK box and all the wiring harness.
  • Just use the blanking plug.
  • Leave all in place.
  • Comments please as I don't want to cause warranty issues.

Personally, if I were you I'd remove it all and revert to stock.

remove it all play it safe :)

@Scott left the harness in with blanking plug, took the car in for a service.

The car now has on its record, "tuning box fitted".

• I have. DTUK tuning box on my 1.4 COD which is fantastic. I now have the option to take my Audi in for its free 18 month check.
  • Should I remove the DTUK box and all the wiring harness.
  • Just use the blanking plug.
  • Leave all in place.
  • Comments please as I don't want to cause warranty issues.

hey there,

just curious what map you are using for yours? I know all cars are different, but about to order mine and wondering about your thoughts on the maps!

hey there,

just curious what map you are using for yours? I know all cars are different, but about to order mine and wondering about your thoughts on the maps!

I am using the standard map that the tuning box came with. Never felt the need to change the map setting.

Ah ok, would have assumed that you would have tried each map to see what you thought.

Thanks

Will be purchasing soon....

Will be purchasing soon....

best advice i can give (i have one on my S3) get it, and try each map.
what map might work on someone else car, might not work on yours. its subjective, to personal taste and to each vehicle.

it'll be a worth while purchase, so don't worry about that! Its then to chose a map that suits you!

the s3 people who question it ask all the same questions as you, and they all get the same answers. buy it, try it! get a handful of miles on each map and you will soon find out which one you like most.

Reactions: pburv
100% remove the box. Mine was in for a service on Monday and I removed all traces of the box. It's now back in!

100% remove the box. Mine was in for a service on Monday and I removed all traces of the box. It's now back in!

Looks the the original post was August last year he's probably got it sorted by now lol :friends:

Reactions: Max-Robbo
Looks the the original post was August last year he's probably got it sorted by now lol :eek:)

Nah, he left the loom in.
It went against his finance agreement, so they took the car off him........:whistle2:

Reactions: Rob2k68
Nah, he left the loom in.
It went against his finance agreement, so they took the car off him........:whistle2:
Really? Wow! I count myself lucky that my dealer doesn't seem to care regarding mods, they're pretty chilled. Even had one of the sales managers out in mine and he was crazy about it!

Reactions: Max-Robbo
cheers @RO65ERS totally get you point and will purchas one for sure!

I was kinda looking for more info like map 1.1 is blah and then map 3.3 is blah, more to understand the goals of each map.

cheers @RO65ERS totally get you point and will purchas one for sure!

I was kinda looking for more info like map 1.1 is blah and then map 3.3 is blah, more to understand the goals of each map.

I'd love to be able to say to you, go put it on 1 + 3, and you will love it. but its just not the case.
i find on the s3, map 1 + 3 gives me the pushed back in my seat, giggling like a little girl, feeling.
but there are plenty of others who get that from 3+2 for example.

it just really is unique to each vehicle. all i can say, and all other DTUK owners will agree is, you won't regret it!

I've found 2+2 seems to work well on all cars with this box fitted (gold r and s3)

Must ask the question, how do you alter the settings? Do you have to have access to the box? This will play havoc with my OCD of checking and rechecking settings :(