Dual Cup Holder Mod

Rom

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've had a search, but most results relate to either newer models going from card holders to cup holders.
Or for the rnse style swaps etc.

I have a 04, without rnse, so cup holder is top left of radio, then hazard switch, the another panel with 3 switches / blanks. This looks to be the same size as the cup holder. I'd assume for left hand drive models they just fitted it on the right?

My aim is, to have a second cup holder, and lose the switch panel, mines only got 1 switch for ESP, which I never use, so relocating or hiding it is fine.
With a kid in the back, and the mrs, a second is handy to hold the kids drink so they don't get emptied on the seats!

Anyone done this, or kniw about it. Wondering if the holders are handed or universal too.

Should slot straight in. There's a holder for the switches you have to pull out after removing them. Everything just pulls out, then you can re-route the switch and warning light.

I would never have a cup holder that sits above a radio or in front of it due to spilling of drinks or possible the bottle etc leaning forward & hitting the radio lcd in emergency braking.

Well the standard one is over the radio, so might as well double down lol.

So just need to get another cup holder, and relocate the switch, might even just leave it behind the dash if theres room.

if I could get hold of a card holder i'd happily surrender my cup holder

centre console holder is more than enough for me, since food and drink are BANNED from my car!

Well all my cars have been banned. But since my daughter was born, it's been a free for all.

Though theres a towel under the baby seat to stop marking the seats, and doesn't have anything messy or sticky in there.