Dual mass flywheel?

Steven davies

Reaction score
Today I've noticed a knocking sound at tick over on my s3, it's not very loud so I'm not sure if it's normal. It does dissappear when I press the clutch in which makes me wonder if it is the dual mass flywheel? Any help please

Today I've noticed a knocking sound at tick over on my s3, it's not very loud so I'm not sure if it's normal. It does dissappear when I press the clutch in which makes me wonder if it is the dual mass flywheel? Any help please
Usually get it rattling until you press the clutch and then it disappears

Usually get it rattling until you press the clutch and then it disappears

Its more of a knocking noise, I might just be being paranoid but it does definitely stop or go quieter when I press the clutch in

DMF went on my Golf, it made a horrendous noise, sounded like the bottom had fallen out the engine. Stupid design and expensive.

DMF went on my Golf, it made a horrendous noise, sounded like the bottom had fallen out the engine. Stupid design and expensive.

Ahh I hope it's nothing like that :/ only had it 6weeks or so. Warranty won't cover anything unless it completely brakes

If you want help 'bedding' that DMF let me know. You'll just need to get me insured for the day :p

Reactions: Steven davies