Dump valve is now making a pigeon cooing noise!!??

Jamied

Reaction score
As in title all of a sudden my car makes a pigeon cooing noise when letting off the throttle In 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear, it always just used to make a little psshht noise hardly noticeable but now it's doing this all the time, as far as I know it's got the standard RECIRC valve fitted and it's a 2007 model S3

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Your car actually doesnt have a dump valve as such. It has a re-circ valve and the noise your hearing is DV flutter. It shouldnt be doing it all the time though.......only when you ease off the throttle should it do it.

For your info I have group buy on for the new GFB DV+ valve so if you want one then let me know.

As standard, your DV will probably be revision C which has a thin diaphragm.
Revision G which also has a diaphragm but is highly regarded costs about £43. Revision D with a piston that can leak costs £60ish.
The GFB DV+ utilises the electronics from your original valve and costs near to £100.
Changing the valve is quite straight forward after struggling to remove the engine cover.

Reactions: Brodster
The DV+ valve does make a big difference. I find my S3 boosts slightly quicker and pulls alot stronger and smoother and stays on boost for longer. As discussed before with afew customers we thought this could be the placebo effect but they all comment on how better their car performs after fitment.

I have just fitted a dv+ and mine runs so much better and with a lot less lag on boost when changing gear and when going from around town driving to the bends

The DV+ valve does make a big difference. I find my S3 boosts slightly quicker and pulls alot stronger and smoother and stays on boost for longer. As discussed before with afew customers we thought this could be the placebo effect but they all comment on how better their car performs after fitment.

Can you send a link because this is on the list for March

Brilliant thanks for the replies guys and putting my mind at rest, I'll have to stick with the one I've got for now as money's a bit on the tight side but thanks for the offer