Duplicate Music Files On S3 Mmi Plus With Tech Pack

Q5 TRS

Reaction score
Ive put a large amount of music onto my 64GB SD card which i use in my 2014 8V S3.

Recently i aquired some new music so removed the card to update it. on reinserting the SD card into the car it proceeded to read the card (as per usual) and music started playing straight away (as per usual also)

on looking at the new music i had just put on the card, the songs appear as duplicates but not just the new media. i have checked and from the middle of the artists starting with J they all have duplicate songs. this means that each song plays twice. its extremely annoying to say the least!

has anyone else come across this bug and if so how do i fix it?

at first i thought i must have had an mp3 playlist file such as a M3U file but there are none on the SD card so I'm baffled!

please help!

thanks

Thom

I haven't seen this issue, every time I remove the sd card then put it back in, the car takes a few seconds to read all the music again but starts playing the very first track. Try taking the card out over night and try again in the morning.

It was out of the car for 2 days and did the same thing.
I'm going to copy all the music back to the mac, format the card and try folders individually that I know were fine and ones were an issue. Maybe it's somehow picking up on any mac hidden files?
I'll have a look on the drive in windows too.

Well I deleted all the ._DSstore files and all other hidden files and no change.
I'm currently copying all my music from SD card back to the computer. I'll format the SD card and copy music back. Hope that works!

ISSUE RESOLVED

Ok so I've managed after 2 hours of messing around to suss it out.

If i copy the whole contents of music what i put on the SD card all at once, the MMI has a fit and displays the songs twice, but not on all folders, its random.

what i did to rectify the issue was:

1, identify duplicate folders (max 8 at a time)
2, put SD into mac, and delete those artists
3, put the SD back into the car and let it process it. (go into media centre where album and artist etc will be greyed out. when its finished scanning they will light up)
4, put SD back into the mac and copy the artists you just deleted back onto the SD card
5, Put back into the car and let it process again.

you should see any duplicates deleted and a single listing for tracks again.

i have NO idea why it did this but when i identified this issue, i deleted from I to T and then did the steps above but it failed. maybe it was trying to do too many at once, thats why i recommend a max of 8 artists.

doesn't matter if only some albums of the artist are duplicated, just treat them as "the affected artist"

i now have the pleasure of having a normal library without duplicates and can listen to songs without having to skip EVERY TIME to the next track.

hope someone else finds this info useful.

that is headache city, and if you add a new album or track... sheeesh.
I have done this numerous times with no issues, remove SD card, add new albums or some standalone tracks, put SD card back in. Something is not right with your MMI

Well I'll add some new music at some point. Then I'll check for duplicates. Just seems to be an issue on one SD card. As I said the other one I used were not affected. Mystery continues!

Reactions: monopole
I have 2x Micro SD 32GB cards, 1 from Sandisk and the other generic and quite often swap these between my car and my phone;

I'll update my music on my phone MicroSD, the next time I go to the car, I'll take the card out of my phone, put it in the car and put the one I took out of the car in my phone to update it. I keep the cards in these positions until I update my music on my phone then swap with the car etc etc... no issues.

good luck again!

I have just picked up my S3 with Tech Pack and copied a load of music onto an SD card. The same thing has happened for some artists. Need to experiment and work out how to resolve it.

If you slide the card's write-protect tab to the protect position, does it still do it? There's no guarantee that the MMI respects the position of the tab, of course...

I purchased a second hand 64 gig ipod and plug it in.... saves any messing with the extremely fickle Audi system. This way I can also connect the iPod to the car WiFi and play Internet Radio!

Just a thought/option!