DVD PLayer/Surround Sound not showing picture on TV.

MartayMcFly

Booooooost
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Right, one for the AV 'geeks' - I just "inherited" and old Panasonic SA-PT467 surround sound from my bro and have been trying to set it up with my Sky and Sony Bravia KDL-40W510. I've got the Sky into the TV via HDMI and the TV into the DVD via TOSlink and that's coming through fine. Next step was to plug an HDMI from the DVD output to the TV to get it playing DVDs. The sound is coming through the speakers fine still, but there's no picture coming through. The TV seems to try for a few seconds and then changes the selected HDMI input on its own - still no picture.

I've tried manually reselecting the correct HDMI input on the TV, I've tried moving the cable into the TV's auto selected HDMI port and I've tried turning it all off, unplugging it all, plugging it back in and then turning it all back on - same deal, sound but no picture.

Any ideas? I don't even want to use it as a DVD player, I just want to be able to access the DVD player's sound setup menu without having to use the little front display.

Ta,
Martin