Dynamic mode on drive select

My S3 is an S-tronic face lift car (September 2016). I can't detect any difference between starting the car in dynamic or cycling through drive select and re-selecting dynamic. It feels the same to me. The car will not re-start in Sport mode, that has to enabled every time.

My S3 is an S-tronic face lift car (September 2016). I can't detect any difference between starting the car in dynamic or cycling through drive select and re-selecting dynamic. It feels the same to me. The car will not re-start in Sport mode, that has to enabled every time.
Mine is the same other than drive / sports. The steering doesn't go light so it's on the dynamic profile

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have a manual and it stays in what ever mode I leave it in when switching off, is this an issue just for stronic?

I can assure you it is in dynamic, cycling through makes no difference.

I agree. I have mine set to individual and have my throttle set to dynamic and steering to auto and this is always the case when start the car.
It's always in individual mode if I press the drive select button. This must be an issue for car with more dynamic features. Few months back I used my spare key and this put the car in comfort mode. Forgot that each set up is linked to each key.

I just switch to comfort before I turn the car off then when I get back in swap it to dynamic

Reactions: Terminator x and DeanoC
Ah right, I see what you mean.
Mines just straight from the iPod.
Really bugs me as I'm constantly scrolling through my entire music collection start to finish.
Real pain starting from 'A' when it's ZZ Top you're after ha ha!

It is a nightmare haha, I agree. I normally listen out of one main playlist, I changed the name to 'Audi' so I had to do less scrolling haha.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I just switch to comfort before I turn the car off then when I get back in swap it to dynamic

What dynamic features would revert to auto if you didn't do this and left it in dynamic?

Have you tried having your set up as an individual setting?

What dynamic features would revert to auto if you didn't do this and left it in dynamic?

Have you tried having your set up as an individual setting?

Engine sound, gearbox, I would assume throttle response.

I never use dynamic because I don't like the heavy steering for normal driving, I'm in individual with the steering in auto so I can't comment on that.

I have mine for individual with auto steering and throttle set to dynamic.

This is going to play havoc with my OCD!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and AudiNutta
From master tech's PC:
ad8284cef6de0d158910bc3ff7609266.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn, AudiNutta and KieranJ22
If you have a manual, no exhaust valves, no sport diff and a non-RS car where the throttle mapping hardly changes then you aren't going to notice much change between modes. More of a gimmick

Reactions: AudiNutta
If you have a manual, no exhaust valves, no sport diff and a non-RS car where the throttle mapping hardly changes then you aren't going to notice much change between modes. More of a gimmick

Just cycled through the DS and went back to individual. My throttle went back to dynamic which is should of been. I understand it's a safety feature but would be nice to switch off.

Mine is the same other than drive / sports. The steering doesn't go light so it's on the dynamic profile

So can we conclude that this issue does not affect Facelift S3's?

Just cycled through the DS and went back to individual. My throttle went back to dynamic which is should of been. I understand it's a safety feature but would be nice to switch off.
I agree. I don't mind the cycle through but mine does all the preflight check stuff which stops you seeing what mode you are in so you just end up memorising the number of button presses.

So can we conclude that this issue does not affect Facelift S3's?
Only engine, box and diff settings. Variable weighted steering and any adjustable suspension should be fine.

I agree. I don't mind the cycle through but mine does all the preflight check stuff which stops you seeing what mode you are in so you just end up memorising the number of button presses.

It should revert back to auto or give you some visual. Simply letting you think you're in dynamic or individual (with dynamic setting) it obviously misleading and pretty poor.

Reactions: AL_B, Audi Bairn and DeanoC
Where can I find this resource? Which manual is this from?

Cheers
It was the audi tech's workstation. He looked it up when i queried it while waiting for my nav to update.

It was the audi tech's workstation. He looked it up when i queried it while waiting for my nav to update.

Ok cheers mate

Forgive me for asking, but when the car automatically goes back into auto/balanced mode. This doesn't limit the performance of the car does it?

It tones down the overall performance, it's takes the edge off things, throttle response, gear shifts, etc... so in someways yes it does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It tones down the overall performance, it's takes the edge off things, throttle response, gear shifts, etc... so in someways yes it does

I assume the gear shifts only refers to auto?

Yes..

My 1.4 A3 changed quite largely from comfort to dynamic. The throttle response was 10x better.

2/3 times I've gone to drive the S3 in comfort, it lasts about 10 minutes before I'm back in individual. Every time I start, it's automatic to re-select individual. It's one of those things, I don't want to have to change modes should I come across an opportunity and I'd rather just have to drop the box into sport and go :D Plus, a big one is that you only get the pops when it is in dynamic.

Reactions: umm
My 1.4 A3 changed quite largely from comfort to dynamic. The throttle response was 10x better.

2/3 times I've gone to drive the S3 in comfort, it lasts about 10 minutes before I'm back in individual. Every time I start, it's automatic to re-select individual. It's one of those things, I don't want to have to change modes should I come across an opportunity and I'd rather just have to drop the box into sport and go :D Plus, a big one is that you only get the pops when it is in dynamic.

I guess it's all relative. In comfort mine is quiet with the valves shut, changes at 2krpm and at 50 I'm in 7th. In dynamic on anything but light acceleration i have a 4.2 v8 revving to 9k rpm and does 130 in 3rd

I must admit i do feel a bit of a numpty too. Been driving the car thinking I've had it in dynamic but obviously haven't :( *wat!!

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Terminator x and AudiNutta
I must admit i do feel a bit of a numpty too. Been driving the car thinking I've had it in dynamic but obviously haven't :( *wat!!

See the positives, it will be like having a new car again :p

Not sure what car you have but my S3 2016 will stay in dynamic mode if I turn the engine off then back on again, it will stay in what every mode if have it in when i turn the engine off.
It will say dynamic on the screen but it won't actually be the full fat dynamic until you cycle through the modes.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AL_B
Start the car listen to the revs until they drop back to normal eg after the initial high rev phase. Cycle though the modes back to dynamic and you will hear them rise. Back in proper dynamic.

TX.

I think the only reason the revs rise is because when you cycle through the modes it leaves the gearbox in S mode.

If you start the car, wait for idle, flick the gearbox into S, revs rise, flick the gearbox back to D revs fall.

If you have it in D and cycle through the modes, the revs rise each time you go in to dynamic.

If you have it in D and cycle through the modes, the revs rise each time you go in to dynamic.

Because when you cycle back to Dynamic the gearbox mode is changed to S each time, pull the lever back to D after this and the revs drop.

Reactions: DeanoC
I think the only reason the revs rise is because when you cycle through the modes it leaves the gearbox in S mode.

If you start the car, wait for idle, flick the gearbox into S, revs rise, flick the gearbox back to D revs fall.
Agreed but that doesn't help you as still not in full fat dynamic. Must cycle modes people!

TX.

Because when you cycle back to Dynamic the gearbox mode is changed to S each time, pull the lever back to D after this and the revs drop.

But the gear lever will already be in D.

But the gear lever will already be in D.

On mine D and S are the same position, the electronics change it to S just as if you toggled the stick back to select between S or D.

See the positives, it will be like having a new car again :p

Very true! Just been out for a drive with the wife. She's loving me right now!!!

Reactions: umm and Audi Bairn
Very true! Just been out for a drive with the wife. She's loving me right now!!!

How come she is loving you? :D Haha!

It's surprising how much the throttle response changes on the smaller engined cars in dynamic.

Reactions: Ormesome
On mine D and S are the same position, the electronics change it to S just as if you toggled the stick back to select between S or D.

I see what you mean now, I've only had it since last Wednesday so am still getting used to it. The R32 had a separate position for S unlike the S3.