Facelift Dynamic Wing Mirror Indicators

You're not missing much with the matrix lights @AudiNutta, I barely ever use them and only really wanted the front dynamic indicators. I find that they're a bit hit and miss, sometimes way too slow to respond to oncoming traffic and will blind people for a split second before switching off in that direction. I've had way too many angry beeps and flashes when using them!

Didn't know these dynamic side mirror indicators exist... definitely next on my list to buy!

Yeah I have the same experience with High Beam Assist, it doesn’t work perfect but when it does I love it.

Driven a 5 series with adaptive headlights and they were amazing, but seem to get caught out with HGV’s because the headlights are below the crash barrier but the driver is up high so blinds them

Reactions: Callump01
Yeah I have the same experience with High Beam Assist, it doesn’t work perfect but when it does I love it.

Driven a 5 series with adaptive headlights and they were amazing, but seem to get caught out with HGV’s because the headlights are below the crash barrier but the driver is up high so blinds them
so p*ssing off HGV drivers for a change...shame :whistle2:

Reactions: AudiNutta and Callump01
The dynamic indicators have turned up today. There just happened to be a TT and S3 parked next to each other over in the local car park so I could see if they had the same wing mirrors. They are very similar and have broadly the same shape/design, however, the TT does have very slightly slimmer ones. That's not to say the part won't fit...it's certainly the same width and angle and will sit inside the casing.

I just need to figure out now the best way of getting the wing mirror caps off. Looking at some YouTube videos they seem to suggest the glass needs to come out, but I'm sure I recall reading somewhere on here that it wasn't necessary to do that. I'm a real novice at these things so am wary of breaking anything. Any ideas, my friendly forum members?

Edit: just seen above that the glass does not need removing. Assuming if I angle the glass down that I can reach in and flick the cap off?

To put my carbon mirror caps on I used some trim tools to levered the original caps off... starting from the inner lower part of the cap, they don’t really take much to pop them off

Ok, so I can confirm the Chinese dynamic indicators for the RS3 do not fit the TTRS!

The design is very similar but the TT's are very slightly slimmer. Had to virtually dismantle the mirror, too.

@Phil3 I'll have them to you asap if you still want them?

I am now after some TT dynamic indicators if anyone knows of a place that sells them??

Reactions: monopole
Ok, so I can confirm the Chinese dynamic indicators for the RS3 do not fit the TTRS!

The design is very similar but the TT's are very slightly slimmer. Had to virtually dismantle the mirror, too.

@Phil3 I'll have them to you asap if you still want them?

I am now after some TT dynamic indicators if anyone knows of a place that sells them??

That’s unfortune mate... there must be a version out there for the TT somewhere?!

Yes I’ll have them off you mate, just let me know the details etc :icon thumright:

Reactions: monopole and Marshy
Sorry doc, was replying to your PM before I saw your latest post.

Sorry doc, was replying to your PM before I saw your latest post.
No worries, thanks for your help earlier.

Now to track down some TT versions!

Reactions: monopole
A massive thanks to @D0C for sorting the dynamic indicators and forwarding them on to me after they fortunately didn’t fit his TTRS

I got them all fitted this morning and working like a dream. I’ve got to say, the first thing I noticed is just how much brighter than standard they are! A nice and easy job to change over too

This is what forums like these are all about, members helping each other out and going above and beyond... cheers mate :icon thumright:

Reactions: dno_uk, RS3-Rob, Callump01 and 2 others
Glad they work well. Get a video sent over!

My search continues for TT versions... can anyone help?!

...Get a video sent over!...

I’ve been trying to all day... YouTube won’t let me upload anything and the forum keeps kicking videos back too :seenoevil:

Last edited:
A massive thanks to @D0C for sorting the dynamic indicators and forwarding them on to me after they fortunately didn’t fit his TTRS...

I’ve just read that back... it’s supposed to say “UNfortunately” haha :seenoevil:

Reactions: Callump01, NevMan and D0C
haha yeah we know what you meant ;)

Reactions: Callump01, NevMan and Phil3