Dyno 24th anyone fancy it?

Morells

Reaction score
Hi everyone im going to be ringing up the powerstation tomorrow and ask if they can fit me in on the dyno on the 24th, was just wondering if anyone fancied joining me for a blast (i could ask for them to book you in aswell).

Reactions: 45bvtc
I could be interested but i need to check a few things first. I go away on 28th so could be tight!

thats ok mate I can always ring them say I'm a defiant but there could be another coming also.

we need MBK to come :happy:

Yes that should be possible, patience boys, I was busy writing up the latest installment!

Yes that should be possible, patience boys, I was busy writing up the latest installment!

i wondered why your were being so quiet haha and it would be a great day to get us 3 on the rollers I shall ring them tomorrow to check that its possible and let you guys know.

Fab as it happens 24th works perfectly for me so hope they can do it.

Fab as it happens 24th works perfectly for me so hope they can do it.

i will get on there case on my break at work tomorrow 12:00 and let you know so defo 2 of us and I think Mr freeze will have to come now :whistle2:

we have a light problem the 24th is a bank holiday so they are not open but they are the weekend after. Let me know what your thoughts are on this.

if you can hold off until after the 12th, i'm in defo?

I'm happy either way, both dates work for me.

i can't do after the 12th mr freeze as its my dads bday and I'm starting a new job and am going to be doing nights so will be ko'd during the day for a few weeks. But if you and MBK want to go after the 12 th that's all good I'm gunna have to go on the 31st but like I said I don't mind going by myself honestly.

Sorry i have no choice, like i said i'm out of the country till the 12th.

Mark, don't wait for me as i'm sure your itching to get the results out there. We can meet up after i get back.

Ok good stuff I will go along with Morells as I'm nearby that weekend anyway. As you say plenty of opportunities to meet up and you'll probably see me zooming past your workplace window soon enough!

Reactions: Mr_Freeze
I'll drive down (in Bluey) on the 31st guys: if only to meet, support, watch, listen, learn, and chat: just PM me a time of arrival.

Reactions: Mr_Freeze
I'll drive down (in Bluey) on the 31st guys: if only to meet, support, watch, listen, learn, and chat: just PM me a time of arrival.
I can still get you in if you want a blast 45bvtc? And it's booked for 9:30 so if we all get there for 9:15 or something like that?

Thanks Morells but the data isn't important for me: if I thought Bluey were deficient I might be shelling out some serious cash. :no:

As it is, our TT is being re-mapped on Wednesday, hopefully to get her torque characteristics a little closer to Bluey's, so I DO NOT need further temptation; but thank you...
:respekt:

Aw Jeez, make me feel bad why don't ya.

Looks like this is going to turn into a meet and i'm going to miss out!

On the day, think about me guys, suning myself in the Floridian sun.

Hey guys: me and BLUEY would like to run down to Tewkesbury with another RS3 (Daytona grey) owner (he suggested I tell you "he's Welsh") on the 31st (@ 9.15am) just to: observe; listen, learn, and discuss/chat.

And I know of another Daytona grey RS3 owner (NOT Welsh!) who'd like to be there too (same reasons).

Please let us know that that will be ok, i.e., 3-cars for spectating...

Oh, and BLUEY has just been detailed by this Welsh gentleman/perfectionist: WOW!

REN_Cornflower2_zps7aa6924c.jpg

REN_Cornflower4_zpsb8a76f9d.jpg

It was one hell of a bl**dy big seagull that started the process... but wait till you see the end result!

Reactions: quattro81
That's all fine with me John, will be good to meet a few more owners. Who knows someone might like a go on the rollers too once we are there.

Had a small hiccup with the car on the weekend but all been sorted and ready for Saturday. And I can't wait hope everyone that's coming is looking forward to it as well :jump:

Reactions: MBK, 45bvtc and DAYTONA 500
Talking of small problems I just found the rear tyre on my car flat and now I've found this:

Had to be a rear with all that lovely tread left didn't it, the fronts are shot and being replaced on Sunday.

I will try to get the tyre replaced or for the weekend, it's not one nail either it's 2 that's another nail slightly up to the left! Oh well at least it's properly punctured! I've just edited this because at first I thought about a short term repair but I just googled that and as it's 2 punctures that is not allowed on tyres rated above V.

Lets hope I can get this sorted tomorrow - if anyone has any good contacts with a local Michelin agent that would be a great help.

Last edited:
Talking of small problems I just found the rear tyre on my car flat and now I've found this:

Had to be a rear with all that lovely tread left didn't it, the fronts are shot and being replaced on Sunday.

I will try to get the tyre replaced or for the weekend, it's not one nail either it's 2 that's another nail slightly up to the left! Oh well at least it's properly punctured! I've just edited this because at first I thought about a short term repair but I just googled that and as it's 2 punctures that is not allowed on tyres rated above V.

Lets hope I can get this sorted tomorrow - if anyone has any good contacts with a local Michelin agent that would be a great help.

we aren't having much luck before this mini meet are we. But I hope it's all solved for the weekend I know that Hereford tyres are Michelin sellers their numbers 01432 269 212 if you get stuck.

No luck at all, thanks for the number, hopefully I can source a tyre tomorrow I will let you know. I tried Audi Assist but all they can do is tow the car to the dealer and I can't see that being much help!

C'mon! That's repairable, surely! It's nowhere near the edge of the tyre. :huh:

Trouble is its 2 punctures and apparently only one repair is allowed on V or higher rated tyres. I will try Audi Assist again tomorrow as they did say they'd see if it was repairable.

Well thank you Blackcircles , all sorted, 2 more Pilot Super Sport tyres on the way, I've decided to go 235 all round as a result of the puncture (plus I will be able to manage wear better with rotation) and fitting moved from Sunday to today at 4pm - now that is what I call service.

Audi can hang their head in shame again they either couldn't or weren't interesting in helping at all!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and 45bvtc
Well this was cutting it fine, tyre eventually fitted at 5.45 this evening but the good news is we are ready to roll, the rest will now be fitted on Tuesday but the main thing is the RS3 is ready roll to Powerstation in the morning. Happy days. :thumbsup:

Bet those moulding frays won't be at the Powerstation tomorrow - they'll maybe not get out of Neith :racer:

Reactions: T-800, DAYTONA 500 and MBK
I take that as my first challenge to remove the extra 0.0001 gram of weight those moulding frays (I had no idea that's what they were called, thanks!) add to the car.

Well hear we go the first of the results, (video and pictures later in a mini meet thread) from todays dyno power run at Powerstation and a highly enjoyable mini meet.

330bhp and 418lbft were the raw figures but Rich at Powerstation was clear that they have trouble getting accurate figures from S-tronic cars. As with the previous run at TSR Performance (graph below for comparison) the torque is there but the BHP figures are not showing up. I will let Davey share his own results from his manual TTRS and you will see quite a big difference.

Chatting with Rich afterwards they can't work out what the problem could be. It might be the Haldex controller confusing the rollers or some quirk of the s-tronic box. The TTRS made it's best run in 2wd mode (with the Haldex fuse removed) so the Haldex may well be the cause of the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 45bvtc, JonnyG and Morells
Well hear we go the first of the results, (video and pictures later in a mini meet thread) from todays dyno power run at Powerstation and a highly enjoyable mini meet.

330bhp and 418lbft were the raw figures but Rich at Powerstation was clear that they have trouble getting accurate figures from S-tronic cars. As with the previous run at TSR Performance (graph below for comparison) the torque is there but the BHP figures are not showing up. I will let Davey share his own results from his manual TTRS and you will see quite a big difference.

Chatting with Rich afterwards they can't work out what the problem could be. It might be the Haldex controller confusing the rollers or some quirk of the s-tronic box. The TTRS made it's best run in 2wd mode (with the Haldex fuse removed) so the Haldex may well be the cause of the issue.

Hi sorry for the late update on this took me ages to sort a video out of mine on the dyno and its still not a good vid but here you go

Oscarli Stage1 Audi TTRS - YouTube

and here's a pic of the dyno sheet

as you can see the slightly lighter lines were the first run which was done with the haldex fuse still in similar to Marks with 358Bhp and 401 torque, we then took the number 8 fuse out to make it 2wd (front wheels only) and we were able to get the true figures out of the car and well to say I'm pleased is a understate meant I'm over the ****** moon with it. My tuner Oscarli said that my map should be near to the Apr and Revo maps (he used to design the revo maps). when he said near i was honestly expecting 380-390 i even said that to mark when it was about to go on, but to see the little beast produce 417bhp and 422 torque was just amazing its not far off the other brands it in there fighting with them :wub:.

I just like to say a big thank you to the Power Station and all the RS3 guys for coming down i had a really great day and we must do something like this again :o.k:

Reactions: wickedstef, 45bvtc, JonnyG and 2 others
Here is your full four wheel drive run Davey, on the set up runs you can see your TTRS moving around under full power and the Haldex switching the power around.

These figures are almost identical to the one my car made at TSR Performance. I think we can safely say Haldex is part of the problem with not getting the full performance figures from the RS3 and it looks like S-tronic might be another factor in the equation.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Morells
Thanks mark and looking forward to all the pictures taken showing up soon. And yes I defiantly think the halides has a major part in the low figures because as we have seen taking the fuse out and making it 2wd you can get the figures. I would be interested to see if your RS3 would run with the fuse out because the dsg is just a gear box It can't stop the figures surely? I then come to the conclusion it's the Hadley system.

Reactions: 45bvtc and MBK
I agree, it's a shame they didn't run mine in 2wd today too - but neither place has offered to which makes me think there might be other issues on the later ecu that prevents this??

Has anyone run an S-tronic RS3 or TTRS in 2wd drive on a dyno??

I've got to say it was great to go back to Powerstation and see Rich, I've spent a few ££££ there and had many happy hours as a result. I know my old Impreza STi at Type 20 spec ran 330bhp/340lbft on that same dyno and the Impreza wouldn't know which way the RS3 went on the road.

I'm happy that the dyno figures are way off, there is no way a 330bhp 1600kg car is pulling consistent 3.7s to 60.

Now this is the impressive front wheel drive only run, great figures, enjoy.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Morells
Thank you mark for the lovely video I have just put the DSG question out on the tt forum as I know a few who have DSG and have got good figures so hopefully they can shed some light for you and all of us. But I think your running slightly more than me hopefully get a answer soon.

Reactions: MBK
You're welcome Davey, happy to be able to capture the day, more of the on road footage soon. I'm not sure my RS3 is running any more, 418lbft is a strong enough figure for me,the bhp figure is confusing because there is some serious top end rpm surge that wasn't there with the standard map.

Great fun day out as always and truly shows the appeal of RS products given the age range of owners. A true delight everyone is friendly and helpful, by far the best car community I've been involved with.

Reactions: 45bvtc, T-800, Sandra and 3 others