Early Xmas Present to myself

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive been thinking for a while of getting a personal private plate and I have just done it!

I wanted a S3 plate and didn't really care about the last three letters. My initials are RD so it was difficult to get one with only 2 initials. So I opted for :-

Click here

What do you think? Everyone calls me Dicky so I thought this was the best option, regarding price anyway! Only £250 from dvla. I'm happy.

Cheers
Rich.

It'll look good just now but why buy a plate which mentions your car - you won't always have an S3.

What will you do when you trade in your S3 for a new car, sell the car with the plate, or transfer it to your new car?

I can understand people buying number plates where they fully reflect the car e.g. M3 EVO for an BMW M3 Evolution.

Just my opinion!

Nice one. I've tried getting an 'S3' plate but can't find one suitable.

Whilst it's true you won't always have the same car, it does look nice whilst you've got it, and I live for today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I sell the car I will leave it go with it. I only wanted it to hide the age of the car! If it was something like R1 CHY then fair enough, but that would cost mega bucks and this is only cheap in comparison.

I'am not planning to sell my S3 for a good few years yet so it isn't a problem. And I think leaving the S3 Plate on the car will make it easier to sell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cheers
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
noodle said:
Nice one. I've tried getting an 'S3' plate but can't find one suitable.

Whilst it's true you won't always have the same car, it does look nice whilst you've got it, and I live for today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I know what you mean though about finding a plate. I nearly gave up but it does look much better on the car than the old plate.

Cheers
Rich.

When I was 18, I saw a plate advertised PAU 1R, for £1200, I nearly bought it, but was talked out of it by my mates as my car, an A reg Nova at the time was only worth the same amount. A few months later I was looking through the Autotrader and the same plate was up for sale with Elite for £11000, how gutted was I. VERY. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I now have 2 plates S3 DRL which was on the car when I bought it and R88 PER, (hence the login) I did buy it to put on the S3, but couldnt bring myself to taking the S3 plate off.

i changed my name by depole to RA53 XYZ it cost alot less than finding phil on a plate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Phil

ps.sorry its still early not enough caffine yet ...

RA SEXY Z /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Nice one Dicky
Looks nice. I was lucky enough to get S3 GBH for mine. My initials being GBH. I blame my parents.
I like it, however it makes the constabulary curious.
GBH