Ebay front suspension kit any good?

Ricky Burrows

Reaction score
As the title suggest really as I've just been landed with a £750 quote for the mot work so its basically all front lower suspension work, so my question is are the kits on ebay for around £150 which have everything i need including the upper suspension parts as well actually worth it?

I always go main dealer or very good aftermarket but in this case it will save me a lot if the cheaper ones are ok as I'm currently in the middle of doing fun stage 2 things and this is trying to ruin my fun! Lol :)

you'll be replacing parts in 12 months or less time. not worth it

stick with meyle hd or lemforder

Reactions: Gazwould, Ricky Burrows and Sidrick
Check out autodoc. Better quality parts. Just check with oem part numbers

Check out autodoc. Better quality parts. Just check with oem part numbers
I haven’t got the oem part numbers hence the link to double check if anyone knows what they look like, I've just been told its front axle lower front and back suspension arms.

Is it the ball joints or the bushes? If it’s just bushes then you can get these separately and that would save a fair bit of cash

I put the JOM silverline kit in (c.£200). Nothing special but seems to work ok. The kit comes with a two year warranty which is probably a good indication of how long it could reasonably be expected to last. My plan is to run it on these ****** roads until it falls to bit / I have enough money to put some bilstein/eibach in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Yeah it is the bushes mate do you know where i could find the right ones?
If you type Audi A4 B7 suspension bushes into eBay search you’ll find the - just make sure these no play in ball joints before buying them!

If you type Audi A4 B7 suspension bushes into eBay search you’ll find the - just make sure these no play in ball joints before buying them!
Ok thanks Damian, to be honest thinking about it i might just change the whole front end suspension parts shes probably due a refresh and order the supersport dampers to make me feel better :)

That's a bit of a blow Ricky, was it an MOT advisory from last year or just out of the blue?
What sort of milage has your car done then.

rob

Ok thanks Damian, to be honest thinking about it i might just change the whole front end suspension parts shes probably due a refresh and order the supersport dampers to make me feel better :)

My thoughts are the same for my car, it’s just the cost! Lemforder or Meyle HD or TRW seem to be the best rated options

That's a bit of a blow Ricky, was it an MOT advisory from last year or just out of the blue?
What sort of milage has your car done then.

rob
Chassis has done 116k now Rob I've done 10k on her in the year I've had it, yeah unfortunately was an advisory last year probably explains the horrendous sound going over tiny holes tbh lol. Excuse to upgrade the dampers in my eyes lol

My thoughts are the same for my car, it’s just the cost! Lemforder or Meyle HD or TRW seem to be the best rated options
Yeah i seen how expensive they are, from what I’ve looked into febi bilstein seem pretty damn good so ill give them a go.

Let me know how you find them, I’ve seen a few bad reviews
Oh...putting me off now lol i was on two different forums and they said good things didn't hear a bad a bloke working at a Mercedes garage used them alot and said they was always good and never had a return, so ill have to look into a bit more then, thanks for the heads up.

Oh...putting me off now lol i was on two different forums and they said good things didn't hear a bad a bloke working at a Mercedes garage used them alot and said they was always good and never had a return, so ill have to look into a bit more then, thanks for the heads up.

From Audiworld:

Absolutely not FEBI. Total crap. I've got a complete set on my A6 and it all started making noise at about the 8,000 mile mark. Finally got the time to swap out the worst noise-maker (upper, forward driver's side control arm) and found that the now rusty ball stud had pounded the socket open. The lower control arms make an ungodly racket when the car is subjected to temps in the 90 degree range. Coincidentally, I removed TRW pieces to replace with the FEBI pieces and they'd been on the car for 30 or 40k miles, at least, and showed no sign of wear. Like an idiot, I threw them away...

From Audiworld:

Absolutely not FEBI. Total ****. I've got a complete set on my A6 and it all started making noise at about the 8,000 mile mark. Finally got the time to swap out the worst noise-maker (upper, forward driver's side control arm) and found that the now rusty ball stud had pounded the socket open. The lower control arms make an ungodly racket when the car is subjected to temps in the 90 degree range. Coincidentally, I removed TRW pieces to replace with the FEBI pieces and they'd been on the car for 30 or 40k miles, at least, and showed no sign of wear. Like an idiot, I threw them away...
flipping hell, ill give them a miss and looks like its the lemforder set then, thanks mate i would of ordered them tomorrow night.

flipping hell, ill give them a miss and looks like its the lemforder set then, thanks mate i would of ordered them tomorrow night.

I’m sure there are also good reviews but seems a risk. Let me know what you get the Lemforder set for, eBay.de seems to be cheapest

I’m sure there are also good reviews but seems a risk. Let me know what you get the Lemforder set for, eBay.de seems to be cheapest
Yeah dont really want ti risk it and change it all again soon, ebay seems cheapest around £500 mark so far.

you will allways get good and bad reviews on products, what works for one may not for another.

When you receive your Lemforder arms, they'll probably have an Audi part number stamped but the Audi logo ground out. Probably won't see that on your eBay arms :) 500 on the nose isn't bad for all the arms and bolts in the Lemforder kit.

I tell you what ill be the guinea pig for us b7 lot :) ill get the febi’s over the lemforder and let you know how it goes.

Keeping in mind the lemforder kit is £535 with 3 year warranty and the febi bilstein’s are £225 ish (I think) with 5 year warranty does say there in offer though 35% off...

So don't worry lads ill take this one for the team and i give you the green light to call me tw@t if i report back with issues :)

I tell you what ill be the guinea pig for us b7 lot :) ill get the febi’s over the lemforder and let you know how it goes.

Keeping in mind the lemforder kit is £535 with 3 year warranty and the febi bilstein’s are £225 ish (I think) with 5 year warranty does say there in offer though 35% off...

So don't worry lads ill take this one for the team and i give you the green light to call me tw@t if i report back with issues :)

Where did you find them for that price? I might try them out as well!

Yes Febi’s , thanks. I’m changing arb bushes, engine mounts, gearbox mount and adding B5 perches, rs4 rear arb and some wheel spaces so a saving in the arms would be nice!!
Sounds like were both spending a lot lately lol, i was going to get the eibach front and rear anti roll bars but decided to order the supersport dampers instead for now, do the arbs make a big difference? Always here people saying about the rs4 ones on the rear.

Sounds like were both spending a lot lately lol, i was going to get the eibach front and rear anti roll bars but decided to order the supersport dampers instead for now, do the arbs make a big difference? Always here people saying about the rs4 ones on the rear.

For the price of the RS4 one I’m happy to try it and see, plenty of good reports on them.

The warranty on your kit will be individual parts, minus labour. It's absolutely inconsequential as nobody would ever claim for a £10 bush which would cost £50 to remove and £5 to post back.

Short term saving, which makes sense if you don't plan to keep the car long term, though.

The warranty on your kit will be individual parts, minus labour. It's absolutely inconsequential as nobody would ever claim for a £10 bush which would cost £50 to remove and £5 to post back.

Short term saving, which makes sense if you don't plan to keep the car long term, though.
Its to late now I've ordered them, i definitely think there worth a go, i found the odd bad review but overall people seem really happy with them so ill give them a go, selling the car is not an option either so i can give people a proper review on the longevity and build quality overall.

Reactions: jarnold231 and Rusky27
Anyone know what tools you need to replace the front lower and upper arms? May well give it a go along with the dampers.

Not much more than a decent socket set and breaker bar, ball joint splitter maybe needed. I would research the methods for removal of the pinch bolts and ensure you have replacements in hand before starting!

Not much more than a decent socket set and breaker bar, ball joint splitter maybe needed. I would research the methods for removal of the pinch bolts and ensure you have replacements in hand before starting!
the pinch bolts were off about 6 months ago do im hoping there come off ok, im assuming its only the one dreaded pinch bolt?

The rear ARB makes a HUGE difference - stiffer rear axle improves front end grip thus, decreasing understeer. I went for an eibach ARB on the rear and it’s mega.

I wouldn’t bother with the front as I believe the special ed (and possibly other S-lines) has the same front ARB size as the RS4. And if you increase the roll stiffness at the front axel it can lead to lots of understeer - and we all hate understeer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rear ARB makes a HUGE difference - stiffer rear axle improves front end grip thus, decreasing understeer. I went for an eibach ARB on the rear and it’s mega.

I wouldn’t bother with the front as I believe the special ed (and possibly other S-lines) has the same front ARB size as the RS4. And if you increase the roll stiffness at the front axel it can lead to lots of understeer - and we all hate understeer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like a no brainer then i did look into the rs4 rear arb briefly and seems a relatively cheap upgrade so that will be next on the handling side of things.

Allways check that you need one , depending on date some of the special editions came with the larger ARB .
Maybe due to parts availability at the factory ( petrol special editions with chassis numbers starting WUA were made at the RS factory)
My Avant had the rs4 ARB already fitted, and I know this because , I went out and bought one from audi shortly after taking ownership , came to fit it only to find it was identical to the ARB already on the car, which had been on from new.
Needless to say it went back to audi for a refund , but just check first.

Reactions: Sidrick and Ricky Burrows
I’ve had the Febi kit on for the last couple of years. Replaced the whole lot when I put the Eibach coilovers on. Not had any issues at all :thumbs up:

I’ve had the Febi kit on for the last couple of years. Replaced the whole lot when I put the Eibach coilovers on. Not had any issues at all :thumbs up:
Good to hear mate the kit should be hear tomorrow so I'm glad its been tried and tested on the same chassis.

Hi brothers this is my avant
I want to buy on ebay Eibach Pro Kit Federn 30/30mm please tell my how much be a down plase sent some picures with 30/30mm with 17,18 wheels

Attachments

• 20200118_112549.jpg
    20200118_112549.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 247